Egg Beater Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg Beater Advice

My wife needs a new spinning reel for her Stix she won in one of the raffles. I'm not spending $150 for an egg beater -- something around 50 or 60 would be more like it. Any suggestions?
    Shut up and FISH!!

Shimano Sahara, Sienna, etc. They're as good as the old Penns they don't make anymore.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

sell the rod and teach her how to use a real reel.

Comment

Sedona.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Wife has a Sahara. Its pretty good. I think the sedonna from a few years back is better than the Sahara from this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortystillsurfs View Post
            Wife has a Sahara. Its pretty good. I think the sedonna from a few years back is better than the Sahara from this year.
            Agree

Comment

That's good advice. I bought my 11 year old daughter the 200e7 and she doesn't have any trouble with it. I had her practice with mine @ the house until she got the hang of it. For beginners I would use braided line its easier to get out back lashes

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                sell the rod and teach her how to use a real reel.
                I'm not picking out anyone's backlashes but my own. Been down that road -- aint going back.
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Get the sonara for the Boss!hehe
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I use 50# PowerPro, the heavier braid results in fewer rod raps with a spinning reel and no back lash issues. Mono is nothing but a headache on spinning reals in my experience (line memory is the problem).
                    -----------------------
                    .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

I have a sahara that I like a lot.
                      Tight Lines

Comment

I've got an old Fin-Nor that I like, but I've been thinking of adding a Sahara. You can get them for under $75 on Amazon.
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Personally I like my Shimano Spheros but that's heh, getting over a hundred bucks these days. I haven't fished these but Shimano makes a low-end product called the Salt Striker for about half the price! $49-$59. You get what you pay for but the reviews sounded pretty good on Cabela's.

As to you weenies with conventional baitcaster reels and poles, ever tried landing a 45 pound amberjack on one of your cracker jack crappie poles? I didn't think so. You'd have to get a Torium on a broomstick, right?

Comment

I agree. The Sahara is pretty good for the price.
                            You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Sahara, sienna, sonora-all work pretty darn well.

SWELLS:

Ha ha. true, but I've used 17# on an 80#+ sail and on cheap version of a Penn spinner that had a graphite spool-the spool cracked while fighting the fish-did manage to call it a catch-touched the leader-but she popped the line on the second run when the reel no longer reeled cause the line was torqued on the cracked spool-I only use steel/aluminum spools now (except on an old shimano spinner I still have).
                              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X