468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bugatti Crash in 2009 - now a Fraud case!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugatti Crash in 2009 - now a Fraud case!!

Andy House had insured that Bugatti he ran into the marsh along the northbound feeder of I-45 for $2.2 million. His carrier says "BALONEY" after review of the vid and his cost basis and other experts.

From the GDN today:
    Philadelphia Indemnity filed a lawsuit against Andy House, a car dealer from Lufkin, and the car’s financier, Lloyd Gillespie, saying the Nov. 11, 2009, wreck in La Marque was the result of intentional and fraudulent acts to collect twice the vehicle’s value.

House and Gillespie, in court filings, denied the insurance company’s allegations. House filed a counter claim accusing the insurance company of unfair settlement practices, among other things.

The insurance company’s lawsuit, filed June 18, 2010, in Galveston’s U.S. District Court, claims House paid $1.05 million for the 2006 Bugatti, far less than the $2.2 million insurance policy.

House told The Daily News at the scene of the crash he had been traveling north on the Interstate 45 frontage road when he was distracted by a low-flying pelican. He said he dropped his cellphone and was unable to maneuver away from the water once the car hit a muddy patch.

House’s answer to the lawsuit states he was trying to find directions on his phone when he accidentally dropped it. As he reached to pick it up, he looked up and remembered seeing something, possibly a pelican, causing him to veer to the right.

Way to ruin a nice car!! Good luck Mr. House-I personally think you'll need it!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

LOL I remember seeing the video!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

I didn't see any pelicans....
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

me either....

Comment

Is it just me or is that just a plain ugly car? You'd think something that costly would at least look cool.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

lol..
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

I thought it was BS then and after a refresher video nothing has changed... I still call BS 100% insurance scam...
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Coachlaw, that car is not ugly, its Fugly.
                just like the 2 racing corvettes in The Woodlands, you never know when there's a camera recording.
                NoBama

Comment

I don't see a pelican anywhere in that video... I bet the saltwater did a number on that car lol. Probably still worth more than my tundra though lol

AQUA PIMP
                  AQUA PIMP......
                  "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

His insurance dint see a pelican either!!! One main reason they say BS to his claim. I think salvage was like $300k. Motor diagnosis said no water in the intake, but all electrical was toast-1000+ HP motor-wonder what AP could do with that motor on his bay rig!!
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Ax me this?????? Why was the guy behind him filming at this point in time???

Think he might have been tipped off or was he working for House and then got pizzed off about a cut of insurance proceeds and turned it over? I find that almost unbelievable as him running the car into the water...nevertheless,

"jt" stands for jerry kneikamp who also post on here as "robalo" just in case a hit man for their mafia is bigger that our hit man.

Comment

Its for sure fraud. I remember reading that the engine was still running when responders arrived. Its so obviously premedetated. Like when a murderer goes the extra mile to cover up the crime.

Ita hard for me to believe there was no water intake.

Comment

Yes, that was years ago. Now the driver, Andy House, is being sued insurance fraud after he told the insurance company he was distracted by a pelican. And he had no idea the incident was being filmed.

Veering off the Interstate 45 feeder road in Texas and into La Marque lagoon, auto dealer House told police that he dropped his phone while driving and that when he looked up, he saw a pelican, swerved off the road and crashed.

However, upon filing a $2.2 million claim for the totaled car, House was hit with a lawsuit scheduled to begin in Galveston this week from his Philadelphia insurers who claimed that he was committing fraud because there is no pelican visible in the video.

Comment

He will get what he deserves out of this one. Don't drop the soap!
                            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                            X