This weekend at Blockade Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend at Blockade Runners

Looks like most of Saturday is a wash, so I plan on leaving Angleton to pick up Mike around 2pm. We'll arrive at the ramp sometime around 5pm and get out there in time to make dinner and hopefully enjoy the clearing after the storms.

Sunday should be a great day to work. We'll be re-framing one of the walls with the help of VJER and hopefully we can finish the whole back porch and get a bunch of lag bolts set all over the place.

If anyone wants to lend a hand, come on out. - Sandy
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

if i can get free sunday i will be there.
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I've got a case of chile for camp if you want to swing by before you leave.
      "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
      boom

Comment

Yar

Comment

what is this blockade runner everyone talks about?

Comment

It is coach's camp on the water. But I have wondered also, what is behind the name "Blockade Runners"?? Can someone elaborate?

Comment

on the water as in one of those bay houses over IN west bay?

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                It is coach's camp on the water. But I have wondered also, what is behind the name "Blockade Runners"?? Can someone elaborate?
                Titlum Tatlum was used by Confederate Blockade Runners during the War Between the States. Because Coach is a student of History (and high school History teacher to boot) and that period in history is one of his favorites (as it is with a few other's here) the camp was so named and in fact you will notice that the Stars and Bars waves proudly over the camp.

I'm sure that Coach will be along to add some to this sometime during the day, but to say the least the area has a lot of history. A history that some of us are very proud to remember.
                Last edited by bountyhunter; April 17, 2009, 09:08 AM.
                Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

It's on Titlam Tatlum bayou just outside of SLP on Mud Island. I'll let Coach give every one the history lesson about the camp.
                  I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
                    Titlum Tatlum was used by Confederate Blockade Runners during the War Between the States. Because Coach is a student of History (and high school History teacher to boot) and that time is history is one of his favorites (as it is with a few other's here) the camp was so named and in fact you will notice that the Stars and Bars waves proudly over the camp.

There's a historical marker at the KOA camp that tells the whole story.
                    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I had never read it til 2-3 weeks ago. Very interesting and cool!
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

if you are interested in Texas history and Texas Naval history specifically then i suggest reading a book called Lone Star Navy by Jonathan W. Jordan. its a great book and talks alot about the entire gulf coast region and alot of what went on around here during the early years of Texas

Comment

Man, I am not going to be able to head out there this sunday. For anyone thats going to go help, I was there last month and it's all worth it once the sun goes down and the Lights come on... (Specs)
                          NoBama

Comment

man im tempted to help out and then sit in my kayak and rack up kayak wars points to blow milkjug out of the water

Comment

Coach, I wish I could be there to help. I will eventually come and help you out, be safe this weekend and fly the flag high!!!
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X