No announcement yet.

riding mower for 2 1/2 acres which one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riding mower for 2 1/2 acres which one.

Im on the grounds committee at church we are looking for a new riding mower we have spent too much fixing the old snapper and toro .Has any of you guys used a stand up most of us that cut grass are 50 to 75 years old I like sitting.What brands are not such maintenance hogs.

We use a Areins zero turn 44" cut , has a Briggs & Stratton motor three years old no problems , used twice a week during summer and once a month during winter
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Cub Cadet

Comment

Paul that Scag you speak of is it yellow and is Acies outboards selling those I think I saw them there.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
          Having been in the business I'll through 2 out at you . Scag is expensive , but they are what I used mowing 126 lawns a week and never had a problem in 13 years .I've got a 36" walker that is still being used . Exmark would be my second choice. ONLY buy from a lawn mower shop . John Deere is down on my list . The ones they sell at Home Depot are made exclusively for they . Buy a mower you can walk into a shop and get parts for the same day .

X2
          A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

You might want to talk to the people at WOWCO in Baytown and if nothing else at least you can get some prices.

WOWCO is an Elite Level Kubota dealer for sales and services to meet all your tractor, mower, utility vehicle, construction and implement needs!
            A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

John Deere is the only way to go, just don't buy the Lowes version.

Comment

Im taking notes thanks all.Acies has Wright brand ??

Comment

Originally posted by Bohunk View Post
                  John Deere is the only way to go, just don't buy the Lowes version.

wurd. I have 3 Ztracks in the fleet. No breakdowns just regular maint. Buy from a John Deere dealer though. I deal with Brookside Equipment.

Comment

I have a 2 ½ acre lot and have been using a Cub Cadet for the last 8 yrs I think it’s a 50”cut,Very little maintenance over that time period. I think I bought it at home depot for under 3k.

Comment

Obama and the Californians say use a Goat to cut the grass-also you can eat the goat when it dies (especially if you are a Muslim like Obama).
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I use to make a living cutting grass. 52" zero turn SCAG the best mower you can buy. Paul Marx knows what he talking about.My last Scag walk behind lasted me 15 years of abuse. I chopped up alot of stuff with that bad boy. I now have the 48" z series john deere and it is a great mower also if you cant afford the 3k extra
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

John Deere
                          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                          X