Typing up a post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typing up a post

I was putting in some galveston history in a post earlier.
    It took my several minutes as it was lenthy about the Auzton family and my own.
    Well when I finished, I got some "you cant do this thing cus you aint logged in or something" and then poof, it was all gone.........................I was a little peesed.
    So what was the problem ?
    I've seen real long post before. Havent I ?
    "Anything worth doing is worth doing right"

That's one of the things that I can't see. You'll have to ask WEA or the webmaster on that one.

side note: you don't have to go to the user log in on the top right of the home page to log in. If you log out every time you do if not just click on a post and you're back in.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I've found if I'm going to type up a long post, I do it in MS Word or something on my computer first, then cut and paste it in the post window when I'm done. That way you also have a quick spell checker and everything, plus you don't have to worry about timeouts that happen on forums.
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Yeah, that's happened to me too. Always with a long post If you hit the back button on your browser, a lot of times it will take you back to the screen where you had it written out, then you can copy it, log in, and paste back in.

Comment

Thanks guys........putting it in word first is a good idea.
          "Anything worth doing is worth doing right"

Comment

I've had that happen on other sites , but never here. What I do now, if I'm going to make a lengthy post, is do it in Word and then copy and paste. That way I can save as I go.
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
              I've had that happen on other sites , but never here. What I do now, if I'm going to make a lengthy post, is do it in Word and then copy and paste. That way I can save as I go.
              You have to as much as your jaws flap.
              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                You have to as much as your jaws flap.
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I just leave mine logged in. My comp remembers my password I guess, so when I log on to the site, I am automatically signed in.
                  "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Okay...I just typed a short response to Dereks arrow thread and it did the same thing that happened to Redfishr....weird.
                    Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Redfishr View Post
                      I was putting in some galveston history in a post earlier.
                      It took my several minutes as it was lenthy about the Auzton family and my own.
                      Well when I finished, I got some "you cant do this thing cus you aint logged in or something" and then poof, it was all gone.........................I was a little peesed.
                      So what was the problem ?
                      I've seen real long post before. Havent I ?
                      Redfishr-

If this happens its because you didn't select the "keep me logged in box" when you signed on. After a certain amount of time the server refreshes you may have caught it during that refresh and it cleared your name b/c of inactivity when you were writing up your post.

You probably could have clicked back and got back to your thread you writing on and then copied the text and pasted it once your re-logged back on.

Check the box next time and you shouldn't have any issues. If your using a public computer just delete the browsing history to avoid another user viewing and posting under your user name.
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                      X