Carpet for bunks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet for bunks

What kind do you guys use and where do you get it? Gonna replace mine tomorrow. Also, how do you attach it? I was just planning on using some screws with a washer.

I got my carpet at Bass Pro, put it on with an air stapler.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

They sell it in rolls for most bunks at Academy, but any indoor/outdoor carpet will work. You just have to cut the strips. Most people use a T-50 staple gun and 3/8"-1/2" Monel stainless staples.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Yep, whatever you use to attach it, it's gotta be STAINLESS.
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Thanks guys...

Comment

My carpet is worn out & the boat is starting to pit where it rides on the bunk boards. I am going to a full plastic cover for each board from McClain.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Alex go to Home Depot and get the indoor out door carpet and apply with staples like Kenny said. I have several staple guns if you need one. It's easy to do. Once you do yours come do mine lol. They sell gray and black at home depot.

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                Alex go to Home Depot and get the indoor out door carpet and apply with staples like Kenny said. I have several staple guns if you need one. It's easy to do. Once you do yours come do mine lol. They sell gray and black at home depot.

AQUA PIMP
                When your done over at AP's come over to my place. I need some new carpet too

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  My carpet is worn out & the boat is starting to pit where it rides on the bunk boards. I am going to a full plastic cover for each board from McClain.
                  Ive been seeing allot of boat bunkers with either a layer of starboard or Teflon wrapping the entire bunks. Is this what you are talking about Coe?
                  Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                  (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                  4340 19th St.
                  Bacliff, Texas 77518
                  http://evansmarine.net
                  http://boatwerxtx.com
                  main@boatwerxtx.com
                  281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Be very careful using something slick on your trailer bunks like teflon. On a steap incline a boat will slide off before you are ready for it to slide off. Especially if you have unhooked the bow hook. Use caution!

AQUA PIMP
                    AQUA PIMP......
                    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

My nephew used the teflon and man it makes it easy to get on and off the trailer but it will just slide off and get away from you if it is not hooked on like AP said.
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Just passing along info from TXSHOCKWAVE. If you've got an aluminum boat, get RID of the bunk carpet. This is what causes electrolysis, which leads to pits and holes in your aluminum boat. Get some bunk slicks. They sell them at Academy now. Just make sure to countersink your stainless screws into the bunk boards and inspect them periodically as they will back out. Ask me how I know. After what happened to the Ugly Mudda, I put bunk slicks on my dad's trailer to stop the electrolysis from happening. If you've got a fiberglass, by all means throw some carpet on there. If you want the straight skinny, PM TXSHOCKWAVE. He works at Boatright and he knows a thing or two about aluminum boats and this electrolysis problem.
                        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                          Be very careful using something slick on your trailer bunks like teflon. On a steap incline a boat will slide off before you are ready for it to slide off. Especially if you have unhooked the bow hook. Use caution!

AQUA PIMP
                          That's a good reply and one to remember.
                          Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                          (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                          4340 19th St.
                          Bacliff, Texas 77518
                          http://evansmarine.net
                          http://boatwerxtx.com
                          main@boatwerxtx.com
                          281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Carpeted rails and aluminum boats dont work to well.Mine is pitted and has a few holesI was told that somewhere the electrical system was grounded to the boat to cause that.

Comment

Yeah, I have no clue why anyone would every unhook their boat unless their trailer tires were in the water. Personally I never unhook my boat until I'm ready to shove it off the trailer or back it off.

I have seen several boats at ramps on the ground. Flat bottoms with products like Steel flex or Frog Spit will slide right off the trailer. I have 4 points that are secured while trailering. 2 in the stern and the bow eye. There is an added safety chain on the bow eye in case the winch strap fails.

I am going to the plastic bunk boards suggested by TXSHOCKWAVE which they buy installed from McClain trailers.... so if you need one let me know as I'll be going by McClain... They come in a few sizes.

Comment

Working...
                              X