Talking about Rain......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking about Rain......

Well we just got our power back about 30 minutes ago, and I don't think we have ever had that much rain in that short of time, even during a hurricane. Here are some pictures of my front yard, or should I say lake......
    Attached Files
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

I'm fixing to go do a late afternoon wade in my yard. Gonna go see if I can bust a few trophy crawfish on some topwaters around the flower beds .

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

The bass are breaking water in mine now, think I break out the fly rod........
      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I checked the rain guage about an hour ago and I've had 11 1/4" since yesterday. I got 12 1/2" during Ike.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I just checked and we have had 8 and a hair since noon today. That is a lot of rain in a short amount of time.

Comment

i just got home from being down on the west end after a hearing a weather alert on the radio about a tornado near jamaica beach... i had to pull over on the side of the road since i couldnt see, glad i had my beer in my truck
            Boats and hoes.

Comment

The drive to work was horrible... it took me 2 hours and a couple of double backs to get in. A lot of flooded vehicles on the feeders along 45, the beltway , and 225.
              We lost power for about 3 hours at the casa and although we had no water in our house during Ike, some how the carpet in our bedroom got wet during this deluge.

Hope its over with.
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Man I went to the Pasadena Gun Show today and Was stuck there for 3 hours due the Rain. Goosh Darn

At some point it was so windy the rain did not even touch the ground. IT was a wall or wind driven rain.

I Picked up a 40 Mag 5.56 mag and a new holster for My Xd40Sub. It was nice to see that the whole parking lot was full and people kept showing up while it was raining. On the way back I had to pull 2 cars out of the water. Luckily they pushed the car out of standing water before I saw them. Managed to get some nice Hugs from the chicks. THey were about 20-25 years old. They offered me $ but I could not accept hence the hugs...
                NoBama

Comment

Man, it's knarly out there. Just dropped the GF off at the airport and I've never been so happy to drive a truck. So many cars flooded out on the feeder road on 45. I was driving back in Galveston on Harborside and the road was blocked ahead so I cut back to Broadway. A car decided to follow me. Halfway there the water starts getting deep Luckily the taco made it through. Too bad for the car behind me. He started going really slow, then I saw the lights go off

Comment

Tell them about your single friend named coachlaw. I own a house, a boat, and a vacation home on the water. BWHAHAHAHAHA. Dang I do look good on paper.
                    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Come on coach just hang at my house wife has alot of friends come by...im sure something could happen.
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

You forgot "good with kids".

Comment

Cars in Flooding

Me and momma went to the gun show around 2:00. I have not seen it rain that hard for that long in awhile. Got 4wd 2500 Chevy so no problems. But, I am continually amazed at how people drive in the high water. We saw ALOT of people as they were flooding. Some were eating, many on cell phones, driving as if there was nothing to worry about. People just do not care or pay attention anymore.

Comment

Yeah, not much rain here (Kenedy, TX) but my wifes care got flooded while she was at work in clear lake. Bummer, now I have to deal with insurance and pay a deductable. Oh well. It will be better once I get back on the water. 3 DAYS!!!

M.M.
                            "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
                              Yeah, not much rain here (Kenedy, TX) but my wifes care got flooded while she was at work in clear lake. Bummer, now I have to deal with insurance and pay a deductable. Oh well. It will be better once I get back on the water. 3 DAYS!!!

M.M.

Sorry to hear that. Dealing with insurance companies is like poking yourself in the eye with a sharp stick.... Good luck I hope they don't give you too much trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X