Jamacia beach needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamacia beach needs help

I got this off another forum(surfing) but thought it might be relevant for us here...what'll y'all think?

Help needed
    by elcaminosurf on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:05 am

With all the problems on this forum, I need to ask for help. The Jamaica Beach Fire Department will be having its annual 4th of July dance this year. We lost a pumper, a 135' ladder truck, radios, and a multitude of other stuff. I need donations of brisket, chicken, or food; a snowcone machine, a bouncer, and most important a good band. I'd really like to get Clay Walker to come and play for an hour or two with our house band. Clay used to live in Jamaica Beach and moved down the road about 2 miles. Jamaica Beach supports the whole west end as far as fire and EMS. We really need help to continue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Troy Beasley
    Jamaica Beach Fire Department
    409-457-2336
    jamaicabeachfd@gmail.comelcaminosurf
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Maybe take some proceeds from the tourney and donate?
    NK
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by nokatchin View Post
      Maybe take some proceeds from the tourney and donate?
      NK
      Good idea.
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Proceeds are going to Sea Center but maybe we can take donations towards the JB FD... Here in Pirates we have our own FD as well... I haven't even checked with them on any of their needs...

I will send an e-mail and see what we can do.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

The following is what I wrote to Troy:

Good morning. My name is Coe Parker and I am the founder of a fishing club that calls the West End of Galveston its home. www.fishwestend.com . I have a home in Pirates and I have 5 friends in Jamaica and we have many members scattered all down the Island. One of our members copied me on a topic posted on another forum which informed us that yall are in need of donations to help out with what was lost during Ike. Well it just so happens that on the 4th of July, the "West End Anglers" will be holding their 1st Annual West Bay Slam Tournament. We are tentatively going to hold it at Watermans in Pirates, however as your well aware it has some damage from Ike and no amenities other than an active ramp for boaters. An alternate location we were looking at holding it was in Jamaica at the Park area but we were unable to get anywhere with it and we never followed up on it. Perhaps now we could work together? I am attaching a flyer & rules so you can see what we were thinking. I have already designated a percentage of money to go to the Sea Center in Lake Jackson to help with Flounder Restocking but would not be opposed to helping by donating a percentage of all entry fees to the JB F.D. We have a silent auction were holding at the Tournament, even a band. A few of the members are great BBQ'ers so were bringing a big pit down and it seems were having the same event minus the fishing from your side. I don't want to take anything away from your event but thought we could help one another.

Let me know your thoughts if at the very least we'd like to be able to help out with a donation.

Thanks for all you all do!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Turn the channel marker program into a fundraser for the JBFD. Have participants sponsor a pvc marker for a $10 donation. Make labels with the donors names and attach to the marker wirh clear packing tape to weatherproof.

Comment

Thanks Coe, I put an email into Troy as well, but haven't heard back. I hope it all works out, that sounds like a pretty good plan. I like Bokeys idea as well on the sponser a channel marker.
              Don't be a Nancy!
              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
              X