Sat. Trip to new area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat. Trip to new area

I am planning on trying out the east side of drum bay on sat. (east of the old intercoastal) and have never gave it shot. Just wanted to see if you guyys had any advice or good experiences out there?

I would say with the weather coming find some deep water next to mud.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I think reeltime is right. I'm not even going to think about heading to the camp on Friday. If you want to try that, Sunday would be the earliest to try it. We might have some water back by then. My experience with pieces of the old intracoastal is that there are plenty of spots where it simply no longer exists.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Good point just excited to start learning some areas. Any deeper suggestions?

Comment

I'm plum out of ideas for shallow water. Tell everyone what boat you're running and maybe they can come up with something.

Y'all, Bosco has his boat stored in the Freeport dry stack. Where should he check out this Saturday with low water expected?
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Sandy the tide was way low this morning so i expect the trend to continue.there's a pattern.heheehee
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Intercostal near Chocolate...North side of intercostal...trout should be running into West due to low tide...

Comment

Just looking at the map Bosco, I'd say stick to anywhere near the ICW. If you do venture anywhere, do it slowly. Might just want to hit the Surfside/Quintana Jetties.

Yeah RT, it's Winter tide time. I'll have to plan my launch Saturday to be at high tide. The wind will be turning Friday night/Saturday, but it looks to be a light breeze, less than 5mph. Not enough to push a lot of water back in.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                  Sandy the tide was way low this morning so i expect the trend to continue.there's a pattern.heheehee
                  LMAO!!
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Y'all, Bosco has his boat stored in the Freeport dry stack. Where should he check out this Saturday with low water expected?[/QUOTE]

Leave the boat & drive Surfside beachfront looking for any good structure, marking spots with GPS for the future ?

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. Still trying to learn here so i want to make sure i understand what everyone is getting at. Sounds like with th recent weather the water has been pulled oit of bay system creating a lower than usual tide. This in turn has taken the fish out as well in search for deeper warmer water? I know the questions probably sou d ridiculous but just want to learn as much as i can

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco4300 View Post
                        Thanks for all the responses. Still trying to learn here so i want to make sure i understand what everyone is getting at. Sounds like with th recent weather the water has been pulled oit of bay system creating a lower than usual tide. This in turn has taken the fish out as well in search for deeper warmer water? I know the questions probably sou d ridiculous but just want to learn as much as i can
                        There is no ridiculous question man -- ask away. The tide should be crazy low for the next few days and like Sandy said it should start to ease back towards normal by Sunday. If we get some really cold weather it usually bunches the fish up in the deeper guts until the heat of the day. If the sun gets up and heats up the mud flats the fish move back up in the shallows to warm up in the mud. Best rule to follow this time of year is if you see bait -- stay there -- bait fish = predator fish = dinner.
                        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Hey man i appreciate it. So like you said the fish moving to deeper guts is why guys are talking about spots along the icw then? How can you guys tell about the water level, just being out thereand knowing the norm?

Comment

Yea pretty much -- Just post up on here and ask before you go -- a lot of us live on the water and can tell you first hand what the tide is doing.
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Anytime you get a sustained North, NW, or West wind, you're going to have water pouring into the Gulf. Winter tides are usually lower due to more frequent North winds. Don't worry about asking questions like that here. Folks will be happy to help you learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X