No announcement yet.

Opossums in the attic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a profeeshunal possum trapper. The babies are the easiest to trap - the older ones get wise to us but none of them can resist kitty food. I'm serious, get a small bag of dry kitty food and maybe a stinking can. You want to move them varmints a little more than about 7 miles away so they won't find their way home. I like to leave 'em for the skunks, gaters, and hawks to eat.

Possum pooh is toxic and full of disease by the way. Once caught in your Havaheart trap, they start a-poopin' like rockets 'cause they're nervous and you have 'em all that kitty food. Use a board or small tarp or something because you do not want possum pooh stankin' up your attic, boat, truck, driveway, nothing. Once hardened, it becomes like gray cement.

Once ya got them out of your house, block off their source of entry and keep on trappin' them. I caught 18 last year they had bred so much in the area (also caught a few rats, baby coon, and feral cats). Whatever ya do, don't touch them or their pooh!

Comment

OH MY!

I can see Paul's hand in this. LMAO!
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I LIKE IT!!! A dead possum is a good possum!! I used No. 1 1/2 and No. 2 Jaw Traps, then placed a large, sturdy stick across their neck and stood on each side, then grabbed its tail and pulled until I would hear a loud "POP" meaning it's little neck just snapped. You kill em this way so no holes in their hide-holes would not help selling hides, so always snapped their necks instead of shooting em. caught a few skunks, lotsa coons and a few muskrats, once even a groundhog. The skunks I shot (did get sprayed once pretty good-thought I had a feral cat-dang skunk had a solid black tail and was down the hole with only the tail exposed-well only temporarily-it backed up and proved it was a skunk). My Jr. High school locker really stunk-left my coat in there all year.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I love the Black Tube that pumps "warm air"!! Galveston340-you are great!!!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Guys ... you don't want that much stankin' blood in your attic. Possum blood is tosskick too!

Comment

Coach you must really need some attention, I saw this same thread on another site, go to Kicks and get your groove on---that other site is just what it is. I need a 2 Face smiley. rs

Comment

The Possum Whisperer or MACHETE!

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	556216

Comment

The other site is good for answers. In this situation, I posted on both because I needed ideas. No need to worry about my groove. All is well.
                  From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

So the members on this site are no good for answers? You know I am playing with you Sandy. but you do as well know that the other site is full of hypocrites and followers, right? rs

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty S View Post
                      So the members on this site are no good for answers? You know I am playing with you Sandy. but you do as well know that the other site is full of hypocrites and followers, right? rs
                      Oh I didnt even know it was there also rs thanks for the heads up . let them help em.........
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

No need to badmouth anyone y'all. It's unnecessary and in poor taste. Remember what Momma said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Comment

ive got some rat shot and a .22 pistol !
                          I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Rusty wasn't referring to anything you said Bro. He was referring to me posting this same query on another site, which he has had some problems on. Hacouna Matata. - Sandy

Comment

I was thinking about Mayhem being the smartest coon he knows, looks like this time he showed up as a possum. What kinda insurance ya' got Sandy?

Comment

As of last night, I think the blaring radio and the dog smellin' blanket might have done the trick.

Comment

Working...
                                X