Lake Livingston SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Livingston SP

I'm heading to lake livingston state park this weekend to do a little camping so I will post a full report on Sunday night. I'm hoping to get some crappie to bite at night but it's going to be freezing.
    Son of the Republic

I have to leave in the late morning, you can get some minnows up here at the Airport Convenience store at Beacon Bay, the crappie are pretty thick under the boat docks---especially the ones we have sunken brush at. The lake is getting back up, the influx of fresh water really doesn't bother the fish in the cove, you ought to be able to get some slabs. Good Luck. rs

Comment

Couple times I went there only thing I caughrt was a real good buzz.

Comment

Wished Lake Conroe would get a little more water. This was yesterday at my condo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by S-troop View Post
          Wished Lake Conroe would get a little more water. This was yesterday at my condo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          You can thank the infrastructure of the great city of Houston for your loss of water, we got the Trinity to fill us back up. When I was younger we had a house on April Sound, the big thing then was hydrilla, they killed that and the bass population. But there were 3 golf courses and I was 18, can't imagine that lake being dry as it was this summer, but then again I never would have believed Houston would have a lesbian Mayor either. rs

Comment

We got to the park a little late on Saturday. So we pitched the tent then we walked the park. I decided we would just fish at night. So we went and checked out sandy creek and kickapoo creek and picked up some minnows while we were down there.

We started fishing an hour after sundown. It didn't take very long to get bit on minnows. I was throwing them at the edge of the light and bouncing the cork every 30 seconds and reeling in the slack. The first fish I caught was a small blue. So I thought for sure it was going to be a long night with nothing but cats out on the pier. So I adjust my cork and that did it. I hooked into solid white bass from then on. I didn't keep any I was just out there for the fun of it. From 9-1130 I went through all of my minnows so I packed up my stuff and called it a night. If you want to get on the white bass at night I would head out to lake livingston state park and fish the only white light that is working and set your cork at 5 1/2 feet with a bb split shot about 10 inches above your hook and you will get into them.

I also went out to kickapoo creek at broken arrow on Sunday. We got out there late since it was freezing that morning and we had to brake camp before we could head down there.

We got on the water at 1230 and fished along the far bank directly across from broken arrow in the creek. We started trolling jig and minnow set ups up creek with nothing happening so I found some brush on the fish finder and dropped a marker bouy and anchored up and worked the brush for a while and found nothing so we moved to the next brush pile I could find and fished that. We picked up one keeper and a few throw backs. So the clouds started rolling in and we called it a day.

We talked to a few guys out on the water that were having the same luck we were having and at the boat dock we talked to a guy who had been out earlier that morning and he caught 12. So if you want to get on them right now I would fish the morning bite. Until the water cleans a bit. Right now it looks like the color of the sand in east Texas red.
            Son of the Republic

Comment

Working...
            X