Crawfish Boil 4/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawfish Boil 4/14

Tentative date for the FishWestEnd Crawfish Boil...?

April 14, 2012

I think this date could be a good one... The weekend just after Easter.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

I am in and looking forward to meeting everyone. Let me know if you need any help with anything. I am sure you got a guy to get your bugs, but I know a guy if you need him (close friend).

DB
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
      I am in and looking forward to meeting everyone. Let me know if you need any help with anything. I am sure you got a guy to get your bugs, but I know a guy if you need him (close friend).

DB
      We are always looking for good deals. In fact we have some bugs transported to us by my buddies in LA.

The main thing will be offsetting the expenses. We usually try & keep it free, things got messed up last year and we had to charge. However Free does not equal walk in & pick up a plate... We hope that as a member you appreciate the site. Appreciate the fact that we have ordered 500lbs + of crawfish & are willing to give a donation to help offset our costs for providing everyone the crawfish...

IE. We only have this event because our members help donate.

We have extra expenses this year, like Insurance. I am getting ready to sign a policy on however none of this would even be possible without everyone here supporting FishWestEnd and our efforts to further better the site & community we all love to frequent.

Comment

I'm in let me of anything yall need help with Coe
        I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

We have a core group of cookers that is set to cook the bugs for us...

Lurefisher, Dbarham & SuperSpook (Danny) are the guys that we let touch the bugs. The rest of us can congregate around the tables & eat bugs while they work, drink beer and run up JT's tab

Comment

I would love to get in on that! Wheres it gonna be? I can helpout w/ most anything, just lemme know..

Comment

I'm down !
              Free advice for cold beer !

Comment

Originally posted by Bw-n-alvin View Post
                I would love to get in on that! Wheres it gonna be? I can helpout w/ most anything, just lemme know..
                All of our events, with the exception of the Charity Cook Off in March are ALL held at The West End Restaurant in Sea Isle subdivision.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

21706 Burnet Drive
                Galveston, TX 77554

Comment

I thought we had an issue with the Restaurant/health permit and maybe doing it at Jamaica Beach Park this year???? I hope I'm wrong-but regardless, if at Jam Beach park-me and/or Kenny can aid in getting Park if needed. I prefer Georgina and the barladies over JT standing by a cooler handing out beers!!

I'm in for support and likely bring some buddies (the same ones that drop $100 for a plate of bugs-they can afford it).
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Sounds like fun! I'll donate to the cause!
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Sounds great. Count me in.
                      "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                        I thought we had an issue with the Restaurant/health permit and maybe doing it at Jamaica Beach Park this year???? I hope I'm wrong-but regardless, if at Jam Beach park-me and/or Kenny can aid in getting Park if needed. I prefer Georgina and the barladies over JT standing by a cooler handing out beers!!

I'm in for support and likely bring some buddies (the same ones that drop $100 for a plate of bugs-they can afford it).

Jerry, you know your always welcome as well as everyone else.

Last year caught West End by surprise. The 1st year there was no marina because it was just after Ike.

Last year caused some issues on who was giving them out, Galveston Health guy etc.

We have since figured ALL of that out.

This is just a save the date. So, MARK YOUR CALENDARS

Comment

I am defenitely in to dontate. Do you need it up front or at the gathering.
                          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                            I am defenitely in to dontate. Do you need it up front or at the gathering.
                            Gathering will be fine... Save the $$ for the day of the event. Crawfish, that's where the real cost is + grocery bill

Comment

Got it. I cook about twice a week during the season, so I am looking forward to sitting back with a cold beer (or vodka) and watching someone else do the boiling.

I got a few tables and chairs if you will be needing any extras.

Take care,

DB
                              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                              X