No announcement yet.

How to fish Corkys in the winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cut 1/2" -1" copper pieces of 12AWG romex and load the front end up to get the floater to dive. I like the fat boy #10
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Pearl/chartreuse fatboy!
      Make sure to adjust the wire core so it swims well. I usually bend the tail down a bit and then pull it though the water to see the action. Keep adjusting till it swims right.

Corndog's idea for the romex on the front is great! I never heard that one before!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
        don't get caught up in the "if you think you are fishing it slow, slow down even more" frame of mind. I'm far to impatient to be fishing slow and I have done pretty good on fatboys. Its really just like any bait, try different style of retrieves till you get that bite. Once you find out what they want, do it again.
        OMG! I'm gonna have to agree with Gilbert again! (What are they feeding me?)
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
          Pearl/chartreuse fatboy!
          Make sure to adjust the wire core so it swims well. I usually bend the tail down a bit and then pull it though the water to see the action. Keep adjusting till it swims right.

Corndog's idea for the romex on the front is great! I never heard that one before!
          Yuo dont need to adjust the tail when you have a broken back (:

Comment

Take em to a pool and learn what ways work, key,..... watch sink rate. More times that not, corky bite is while it sinks

Comment

Working...
            X