West Bay report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay report

Got out around noon to fish West Bay this morning. Had to wait for my partner to get off work to go. Came across causeway and noticed bay looked like it was on the verge of whitecapping. Started to go to chocolate but really wanted to fish west. Launched at diversonary and headed out towards Jones. Spotted some flipping mullet and pulled unto leeward bank. picked up 17" flounder. after a while pulled up on the pipeline and caught a 16" flat. Wrong fish. Got out towards mouth and wind was pumping like no other. Wind layed down about 3:00 and ended up back at first spot to lose a good flat at the boat. Partner never got bit but not disheartened so tomorrow new gameplan.

Fish were caught on Strawberry/cool tip Hogie major minnows.

Comment

Stickem!!
      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Heck, at least you got out!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I saw a few trailers at Fatboys coming across the SF overpass. Wonder how they did?

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
            I saw a few trailers at Fatboys coming across the SF overpass. Wonder how they did?
            Terrible!!!!! Canceled my trip for Thursday but decided to go out anyway and look for some fish for the tourney. West wind gusting to 20 had the bay pretty roughed up.

AQUA PIMP
            AQUA PIMP......
            "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

That's what I was trying to do Capt. I'm pre-fishing tournament today in chocolate. Hope the weathers better. I want to win or place but my game plan is going from a to b to c. Got an athlete in the boat but he just started fishing and catching on but need to put him on fish to build his confidence. Would at least like to represent. May have to try to catch his limit.lol

Comment

What's the dredge pipe situation at the mouth of the diversionary?
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340

....the pipes are farther south from the mouth of the canal.
                  I saw them down towards Greens on Saturday but they had the mouth of the Diversionary marked with cane poles with flags to route dredge pipe -- Just wanted to make sure they hadnt already started routing the pipe -- that would make for a bad morning if I ran over it in the dark.
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I didn't get past Harbourwalk bridge too far yesterday but I noticed those cane pole markers a week or so ago. First I'd ever seen of them and thought they may have been some new channel markers someone put out. Sure were pretty until I round aground using them for navigation. Glad I was put-putting.

Comment

Working...
                    X