468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fundraiser in Terramar Beach - June 13. Can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraiser in Terramar Beach - June 13. Can you help?

Terramar Beach is holding a fundraiser on Saturday, June 13 at the neighborhood pavilion to raise money to help repair the damage that Ike did to our infrastructure. The event starts around 3:00 PM and we are hoping to include both a raffle and a silent auction. Everyone on the Island that day is invited! Some great food will be served and beer as well for a small "donation" as we cannot sell beer without a license.

Folks, the tidal surge from the storm severely damaged our community pool and pool house, marina, pavilion, some of our streets and destroyed most of our large palm trees and landscaping along our main boulevard. While we have made some progress towards these repairs, there is still much more to be done.

Here is where hopefully you can help us out. We are looking for people willing to donate goods and services for the raffle and silent auction. Gift cards from Galveston and Houston merchants would be wonderful. Some ideas include:

Restaurants
    Liquor Stores (it is the West End!)
    Wine Stores
    Pet Stores and grooming
    Car Detailing
    Spas
    Gift Shops
    Grocery Stores

The raffle would be for nicer items, like if someone owns a jewelry store and donates a nice something or if someone who makes those cookers happens to donate one, or if there is a fishing trip or some kind of nice craft that someone donates. We will be drawing raffle tickets between 5 - 6 PM and you must be present to win!

No donation is too small and unless you request it, all donors will be acknowledged at the fundraiser and in our neighborhood newsletter (The Terramar Times) as well.

If you have any questions or wish to donate an item or RSVP please contact Willa Nadalin our Terramar Beach resident who is spearheading the event. She can be reached at 409-737-9144 or by e-mail at willanad@aol.com.
    So come on out and join us for a great time and thanks for any and all help you can give us.

Willa, you know Donna and I will be donating a piece of Jewlery and I will see if there is something else we can donate to help our subdivision out!

West End Anglers, I know times are hard right now, but like we did on some of the other fundraisers, every little bit helps out.

If anything, show up and bid on some of the items and drink a few beers for a small donation.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

WOW Mike! Thanks! I didn't personally ask you since you just helped out with the dredging fundraiser. I really appreciate ANYTHING you and Donna can do, including helping out that day!!! :-)

Comment

We will do want we can, her store is not doing great these days, so I might have to purchase the Jewlery and then donate it.

As for helping, as long as I can have a beer in my hand, I will help
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Mike, don't do that! We don't want to be a burden to anyone over this.

Comment

Don't worry about it, I am a big believe in giving versus taking!
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Funny thing, so am I!!!! I am the worst fundraiser!!!! I have an awful time asking for anything!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X