Benefits of an Early Morning Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefits of an Early Morning Run

Here is another benefit from working out early in the morning. I am fortunate enough to have a jogging track near my house. My buddy and I usually run the whole course, around 5 miles, once every 3 weeks while running 2 miles every other day. We also carry hiking backpacks with around 15lbs worth of gear for strength training as well. I run to the track while he drives there since he lives further away. Anyways, today we started at 0400 and finished at around 0530. Usually he drives me home since I'm pretty tired from the running. Today however, he accidentally left his lights on and his car wouldn't start. I have jumper cables in my car so we made the run back to my house. When we got there I was shocked to find a man going through my dad's car. My car door was open too. My buddy both have dive knifes in our backpacks for utility purposes and self protection while running. We pulled that out and yelled at the man. He turned around looked at us and ran through my yard with a grocery bag and hopped the fence towards a nursing home. We called the police and filed a report. I went through my car and thank god he didnt take anything. He went through both my dad and I glove compartment. He moved my helmet cam, my tennis gear, and of course my fishing gear so I feel fortunate he didn't take my stuff. The only thing he took was a bag of candy from my dads car. Anyways, remember to lock your door (which my dad forgot) and it pays to go out running in the morning. I am a bit shaken up and I have a test later tonight.
    Resident Ninja

Wow, glad you are OK. Going at a robber with a knife could result in very bad consequences!

Comment

Glad everything came out OK and he didn't get anything of value (Especially the fishing gear!).
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Glad it worked out ok. He must of had a sweet tooth. Jackass' like that ruin the world for everyone else. Get a job and buy your own chit.

On a side not : All that running makes ME tired, just from reading it.
        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

I wish you would have stuck that POS!!!
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

You and your buddy should have stomped that motherfu***r out

Comment

My suggestion would be to upgrade the hardware in your backpack. I'll admit I'm a little crazy, but I would have pistol whipped his arse & held him at gunpoint until the police arrived if given the opportunity.
              Good Things Come To Those Who Wade

Comment

Damm J you should have sprayed him with some teriyaki bang sauce!Glad it was just candy and not sumething of reel value.
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Shoulda gone ninja on him j! Throw the knife or something!
                  Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Originally posted by fathernson View Post
                    Shoulda gone ninja on him j!
                    Kick his *** J!!!!!!!!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Glad your OK!! Thats why am always packing heat!
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Glad your ok always be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                          Glad your OK!! Thats why am always packing heat!
                          Maybe I need to take those CHL classes.
                          Resident Ninja

Comment

good to hear your alright. Gotta be careful with people like that. you never know how they will react. I got robbed at knife point a little over a year ago. they took $400 right out of my pocket. i consider myself lucky to have come out alive. one of them wanted to "give me some cuts" for the hell of it but his bud convinced him not to. guys like that make the world a place where you cant trust people and we have to constantly protect ourselves. hell i dont even trust people walking in my direction in a parking lot anymore.

Comment

Thieves suck, nothing is safe anymore.
                              "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X