Recommendations: Life Jackets and Boat Tarps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations: Life Jackets and Boat Tarps

Since the best thing to do with a Life Jacket is wear it any recommendations on comfortable wearable life jackets? a couple of more bucks for quality would seem wise.

Also need to find a boat tarp for a 18' long alweld 8'wide with a center console. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I wear an inflatable and it us great.....can even west it when I wade. Prices have come down on them considerably.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Inflatable is the way to go, but I do not wear my as nearly as much as I should.
      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Motor turns on & I have my life jacket on. This time of year I wear a standard life vest around my jacket. Summer, I wear my auto-inflatable.

Type I & Type II life jackets are on my big boat at all times.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Love my inflatable, but I also have a couple of type IIs.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by smooth move
            i have a inflatable(suspender) wear while driving in tournaments that require it. but for passengers i keep a 4 pack of the bass-pro cheap-o's. funny story-- while in fla a couple yrs ago, the ff&w pulled us over. he had his inflatable on the back of his seat and while manuvering to get alongside of us, the wind blew it into the water. well it inflated and took off like a beach ball. as he took off after it he said "man, that's the second time that's happened. we figured he was their Barney Fife and they only let him have one bullet.LOL!
            My brother's inflatable was on his boat deck after we came in from a downpour-it inflated and blew down the canal with us running after it. After that, I aint sold on inflatables. Have they changed so they don't "blow up" when wet?
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

MY ERROR

I have seen mention here of Vests that were a prized piece of the fishing inventory, I am assuming that these were a separate "guide" vests.

Any further enlightenment???

Comment

I have an HIT Inflatable that won't inflate until submerged in 4 inches of water, you can pressure wash it and a 60 mph rain won't set it off either.Here is the one I'm using. I have the "D" ring made out of Stainless. I have been wearing mine for over 3 years and it is the goods...If your looking to fish the surf or wearing while wading get a Manual Inflatable. This auto HIT will float you face up even if your unconcious.BUY THE BEST and CRY ONCE ... What's your life worth...? Its made by Mustang survival here is the link.
                At Mustang Survival, we specialize in USCG TYPE I to V PFDs, Inflatable and Manual PFDs. Life Vests, Life Jackets, water rescue equipment, accessories and outdoor survival gear.
                Last edited by Sneekypete; February 1, 2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I have a boat cover that I was about to throw away. I was told it will fit up to a 20' CC. You or anyone else that reads this is welcome to it. I live in Seabrook and work in south Houston.

Shoot me a PM.

Comment

Thanks Sneeky-I heard that the Mustang is the best one and just a heavy rain set off my brother's vest (Not a Mustang), so Thanks-I'll go for one of them on my next purchase.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Good info, Sneeky! I don't have an auto-inflate since I worried it would be constantly going off. I'll check out the mustangs.
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

The important thing is to get one and wear it consistently. Take it from someone who had a near drowning last summer. I personally use a SOS auto inflatable while on the boat and a standard vest when I wade. I have never had the SOS go off accidentally and it's been pretty wet. It's only supposed to pop when it is fully submerged.

Comment

Working...
                        X