Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas City Dike

Hello all,

It's been a while since I've been out to the Dike, but am thinking of making the trip this weekend(weather permitting). Just looking for any tips / pointers for what to fish and how... live shrimp... etc.

Also thinking of going for some crabs as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you aint from Texas City the charge now to get on the dike.

Comment

What about skyline drive Fuzzy? Is there a charge there also?

Comment

No charge on Skyline.

Comment

Cool. Skyline is a good wade in warmer weather. Caught a lot of good trout there.

Comment

Just leave your truck unlocked with nothing in it if you park on Skyline..That way the theives can just open the door and see you have nothing.Instead of busting your window.

Comment

lmao. i've been out there with another 50 people and alarms go off and everyone starts reeling in fast and looking for their cars.

Comment

Get out to the dike a little early before they set up the booth, and you don't get charged. Have not fished off there in a while only launched there, so cant help you on that one.
                "Cause we drank all the fish, and caught all the beer"

Comment

Just stop at Boyd's and get some crabs and turn around and go home. Just kidding, I have do some good out there before.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
                  KEEP IT WET..

Comment

yeah take home the crabs lol

Comment

The crabs I can help you with. 2 streets before you get to the Dike there is a bar called funky mary's.. anyone there can give you the crabs!!

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                        Just leave your truck unlocked with nothing in it if you park on Skyline..That way the theives can just open the door and see you have nothing.Instead of busting your window.
                        Funny thing-my buddy left his unlocked, the stupid farging, needin to be dead thieves still smashed his window-they took his dry set of clothes (all he had in there), so he drove home wet and windy-doombazz thieves-be a great place to practice with a .300 winmag, leopold 4.5 x 14 50 mm!!
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Fees charged Memorial day through labor day ending Oct 31,5$ a vehicle without residence sticker! Great place to fish The worlds longest fishing pier!
                          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

No charge at the dike from 1st november - 1st March. Area just past the entrance on the left is called mosquito island and you can wade if you're careful, there are some steep drop offs near the end, so watch your step. Good area if you're in a kayak. Most popular spot is just past the 4 mile mark near the last boat ramp, you'll see and old bouy tower on the right.
                            fishin' when I can, not when I should...

Comment

Working...
                            X