Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackberry Bold VS iPhone

What do you think??

I've had both. The only reason I switched back to BB was due to the inability to send picture messages via the iPhone. Well there is a patch that is coming out this Summer to enable that. Also, the iPhone you can have GPS, real time updated sattelite images of your current position where with the Bold I was just given the streets and the GPS was a little screwy.

I'm up for a renewal and the iPhone is cheaper than the Bold, I'm not going to put music and BS on it... However I did see an advertisement for a cool APP (application) that you can put on it that will allow you to accept credit cards from your iPhone.... The Slam Tournament and Silent Auction immediatly popped into mind.

What would you all go with iPhone or BB?

I think I'm leaning more with the iPhone I'm getting sick of the Blackberry and do like the touch screen.
    BB
    28.57%
    iPhone
    71.43%
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

I have to Bold the wife has the iphone. She wants another Iphone she has the first generation one. Me personally I can't stand it. It's just too hard to hit all the little keys, but I guess you can get use to it like anything else. The Bold works better for me because of work reasons, however, I've had tons of problems with it and am now on my 3rd one. But with all that being said I will stick to a blackberry.

FYI, there is a new I-phone coming out in July, sure to have problems, don't know what it does different then the other ones, but that's what the lady told me at the cingular place.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.

Its an entry level iPhone... (apparently)

Comment

I don't like touch screens but the wife just got the bb curve 8900. Its a bad arse phone. does more than what a phone should ever do.

Comment

Sweet thanks for the research, looks like the ol' lady is getting a new Iphone for Mothers day then lol...

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10...CmoreStories.0

Its an entry level iPhone... (apparently)

Comment

I got the iPhone we'll see how long she lasts! I need to find a waterproof case for it so I can bring it on the boat to act as a GPS... I love how it gives you SAT images of your current location! Never again will I be lost on the river going should I have gone left or right....????

Comment

Coe, go and download some free apps, like a compass, level, tides charts, surf conditions, and finally google earth. That is what I like about the iPhone!
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                  Coe, go and download some free apps, like a compass, level, tides charts, surf conditions, and finally google earth. That is what I like about the iPhone!
                  sounds like you need the FishWestEnd Application! COMING SOON!!!!

Comment

Bring it on! Make sure it guides me to all your hot spots and make it beep when I am getting close to a school of fish!
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I would get an Iphone. Those things are insane. I know for a fact I would be failing school if I had one.

Comment

I bought a waterproof case for it and it will still be fully functional... perfect when I get lost up in the marsh and have no clue where I am... Garmin is reading I'm on I-10 somewhere or dry land I can check the iPhone for my current location... Gotta love GoogleMaps and the fully functional GPS... The one on the BB Bold was horrible and I could never get a signal.

Comment

Working...
                        X