Whole King Crab...for my Valentine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole King Crab...for my Valentine

My wife sells flowers wholesale, to flower shops, so Valentines Day is a little different around our house. By the time Valentine's Day arrives, my wife will have worked many 12 hr days with no days off for a couple of weeks. She will be tired and whooped, to say the least. So for the past several years, I have made it a special point to take the day off work and prepare her one of the greatest seafood feasts you can have.

I order a whole king crab from Alaska. I also order scallops and shrimp. I use the scallops in a couple of different recipes. Below is a pic of last year's Valentine's feast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	crab_013.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	571283

I just ordered the fixings for this years feast!

I can't hardly wait until next Tuesday!
    "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Dang son. I am not letting my wife see this. Looks awesome...
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Deviled egg's look awesome!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
        Deviled egg's look awesome!
        x2 love to get a good recipe!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great idea.

PM sent..

Comment

Well done it makes me hungy, if we are just schmoozing for recipes I would love to have the recipe for the scallops and mushrooms! Yum

Comment

where did you order the crab from. That looks good but I ain't showing the wife this thread. She won't let me take her to Burger King after that.

Comment

If my GF sees that, there goes the Golden Corral Buffet plans!!

I'd take her to Brennan's or Marks, but why spoil her? Like my daddy said when I showed up at his house on my Honeymoon and asked "Why ya here and not with the new wife?" and I tole him "Dad, she's a virgin." He said "So?" and I tole him "Heck, if she aint good enuf fer her own Family, why should I be with her."
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

www.fishex.com

Comment

Damn now i'm hungry !
                    Free advice for cold beer !

Comment

WTG
                      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Man,that food looks great! Main thing is your thoughtfullness for your wife. Hope mine settles for a box of chocolates and dinner out.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                            Man,that food looks great! Main thing is your thoughtfullness for your wife. Hope mine settles for a box of chocolates and dinner out.
                            Been married 33 years. She loves fishing. Life doesn't get any better than that! Just showing my gratitude.

Comment

Alright...I checked out the site...everything looks great...how did you cook (heat) the King crab...just some water in the bottom of the pot and put it in the oven???

Comment

Working...
                              X