Navionics chip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navionics chip.

I am debating on wether or not to get the Navionics chips for my ci humminbird. Does anyone have the gulf and bays chip? I want to know what y'all think of it before I go and spend 275 for the chip.
    Son of the Republic

I don't think it's worth it. I have it and the charts aren't even from this decade. It has some cheesy google-like 3-d pictures, but the dark value of the colors make it harder to read at a glance. I can't even find a tide chart on it. BTW it shouldn't be over $200.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I agree with Kenny the Platinum + charts should have been named pot metal, they really need to be upgraded .
      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I agree with all of the above! I made the purchase and have not been all that pleased. With some of the bays that mine covers you can see good detail but in the West Bay Complex it is not worth the money at all. I recieved an email once I registered to give them feedback on how I liked it and was I pleased. I was sure to give them my feedback, but have not recieved a reply back either.
        Gande' Member

Comment

That answered my question too. I was thinking a chip for my Garmin 540S

Comment

Navionics chips will not work in Garmin units.
            "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Texfish View Post
              Navionics chips will not work in Garmin units.
              Sorry I forgot to mention I'm running an HDS 7
              Gande' Member

Comment

NBN

I was replying to Safari6's post about the chip, sorry for the mix up.

Comment

Thinking about getting one for my HDS 5 would be quirious what you thought of it if you get it.
                  Originally posted by NBN View Post
                  Sorry I forgot to mention I'm running an HDS 7
                  -----------------------
                  .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I have the lakes chip and it's fantastic. I just wanted to make sure the salt water maps were worth it.
                    Son of the Republic

Comment

Working...
                    X