Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the area

Hey Everyone,

My name is David, I am new to the area. I just moved here from California, where I was born and raised. I retired recently from the military so home is where I am currently. My family and I moved to Texas and really like it in Missouri City so far. I really enjoy fishing, to date I have only been on chartered trip in saltwater.

I have gone to Galveston a few times on my own to explore and wet a line. It seems though I was more just casting than fishing!???? Anyway if anyone has some advice for the new guy I will certainly appreciate it.

Thanks this seems like a great place to learn how to cath rather than cast!!!

David C. L'Heureux
    ET2(SW/AW) USN RET
    100% Disabled Veteran

Welcome to FWE David. Lots of good folks and info here on this site. Are you exploring from boat or driving in on locations?

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Welcome.....I would read the articles from the infamous Aqua Pimp that you can find on the home page. Those will shed a lot of light on Bay fishing.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Welcome aboard, spend enough time on this site and you will get enought info the get you going

Comment

My advice, read the articles like Chip says above (inhammer) or better yet, go out one day with Aqua Pimp (guide service). He taught me a lot about the water and different technique to use on West Bay.

Good luck and welcome to TEXAS, where everything is bigger!
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Boat, kayak, wade, shore only? You will have different options for each. I agree, read up on AP's articles. Wish I had read those a few years ago. You will love it once you get a hang of it. Reading the signs and finding your own fish is quite a bit more rewarding than having a charter show you them and you just reel them up.

Welcome to the site!

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
              My advice, read the articles like Chip says above (inhammer) or better yet, go out one day with Aqua Pimp (guide service). He taught me a lot about the water and different technique to use on West Bay.

Good luck and welcome to TEXAS, where everything is bigger!
              You could listen to Chip or the guy who taught him how to fish saltwater and put him on his first red, first flounder on artificials, and a few other firsts for fishing. There are a bunch of good people on this board. I don't have a boat, so I wade just about everywhere I go and you are more than welcome to join me any time. I fish most Sunday's.

Comment

Booking a trip with a guide who will show you around like Pimp will is #1 though.

Comment

Whatever Biatch.....Who's UR Daddy???
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                    Welcome to FWE David. Lots of good folks and info here on this site. Are you exploring from boat or driving in on locations?

AQUA PIMP

For now drive in locations, but i have a 14 foot aluminum boat in California I still need to go and pick up.

David C. L'Heureux
                    ET2(SW/AW) USN RET
                    100% Disabled Veteran

Comment

This is great. I cant wait to get to know this area. I went to Galv again today and tried a few spots around the shipping channel with no luck. I got the TF&G Lakes and Bays book to try and find some fishey areas. Where can I find those articles. Are they here on this site somewhere?

David C. L'Heureux
                      ET2(SW/AW) USN RET
                      100% Disabled Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by dhkdl1 View Post
                        For now drive in locations, but i have a 14 foot aluminum boat in California I still need to go and pick up.
                        I use a 16 footer with a 30 horse and get around pretty good as long as the wind is less than 20.
                        You will be able to get a lot of places in your boat. Get some good wade boots, wade belt and ray guards and there are a ton of places you can do well in West bay.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dhkdl1 View Post
                          This is great. I cant wait to get to know this area. I went to Galv again today and tried a few spots around the shipping channel with no luck. I got the TF&G Lakes and Bays book to try and find some fishey areas. Where can I find those articles. Are they here on this site somewhere?
                          Look on the home page and they are posted under news on the left as you scroll down. There may be more on here somewhere and Coe can let you know where.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                            Whatever Biatch.....Who's UR Daddy???
                            lol took you long enough

Comment

Welcome aboard! plenty of good advice here!

Comment

Working...
                              X