Back from Mexico Boy'z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Mexico Boy'z

Damn....already been a week. Left at #3 on the post count list and return that way, you missed your chance UncleHandy.
    My advice for anyone wanting to head to Playa/Cancun/Cozumel area...hurry and get going. The deals aren't that great, but once you get there, you got the place pretty much to yourself. Once I'm able to get my wifes camera from her I'll download some places we visited. On a sad note , I lost my camera with the GOOD shots. We did a dive last Friday and the waterproof to 12ft camera, is exactly that. After 20ft, it sprung a leak. All my underwater shots are now gone plus some poolside shots with a veiw of some really private shots got ruined...dang whats up with them euro girls and no tops!

Full report to follow soon...
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

It's about time, this place was falling apart without you here to keep us in line.

Glad you had a good trip and you know what they say about time.......it flies when you are having fun.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Sounds like a fun time.Bummer on the camera
      nk
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

The camera issues stinks, Oh well atleast yall had a good time

Comment

Just tell us you did not come back with the swine flu
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Yeah we got Monte in quarantine... did the customs official question you on what and where you had been / doing in Mexico with all the Swine Flu going around.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Always fun in mex. i used to drive to the beach in michiacan to go surfing .its nice to kick it on the beach then get up and brush the sand off .Funny how here at home it just sticks to you.
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Glad you had a nice trip. No big summer break crowds yet?

BTW, the memory card might still be good, they are a lot more resilient than the camera itself. Post up some euro girl shots (no pit hair plz)

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  Yeah we got Monte in quarantine... did the customs official question you on what and where you had been / doing in Mexico with all the Swine Flu going around.
                  They took your temperature at the Mexican airport and had you fill out a questionaire. Some of the question were stupid in YES an NO format. A couple were "Do you have a cough" and "Do you have a cold" , well my wife had a slight cough, and I had a slight cold from all the snokeling and then getting in the cold cenotes...like a Summer cold. So I told her to just answer no since we didn't have any fever. We get up to the Mexican ticket agent and she starts coughing and the lady looks at me and I'm like wiping my nose a hundred times....she just hurried the heck up and got us thru. A group of Americans behind us started making some innocent comments, I just turned around and said "Damn, you think she could wait until after I turned the form in". They all started laughing....the swine flu stuff is a big joke down there.
                  There have been no reports of it in the mayan riveria region that I know of and these people are hurting for our business. You don't here about it on the news and people aren't running around in masks like they show on tv by the propogandistic media.
                  I had some of the best service from some of the friendliest people I've ever met. The guide on our swim to the Cenote trip, was a hoot. He had me in stiches the whole trip. I had to by a cheap underwater camera for that trip, I hope some of those shots came out at least.
                  Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                    Glad you had a nice trip. No big summer break crowds yet?

BTW, the memory card might still be good, they are a lot more resilient than the camera itself. Post up some euro girl shots (no pit hair plz)
                    I put it in my wifes camera and it just said memory card error. Do you have a trick. I was thinking about taking it over to Wolfe Camera and seeing if they could recover them.
                    Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

This sounds funny, but try putting it in a ziplock full of rice (damp-rid or some other dessicant would work better), it can suck out the moisture. That doesn't work, try a short dip in fresh water, dry it off, and do the rice thing again.

I accept no responsibility for my advice making it FUBAR. Maybe just take it to the pros

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                        This sounds funny, but try putting it in a ziplock full of rice (damp-rid or some other dessicant would work better), it can suck out the moisture. That doesn't work, try a short dip in fresh water, dry it off, and do the rice thing again.

I accept no responsibility for my advice making it FUBAR. Maybe just take it to the pros
                        Did the freshwater and its been sitting for 4-5 days now. I'll try the rice trick although I believe its dry. The little copper looking tabs look kind of funny or differnt from the new cards tabs so all might be lost...we'll see. Thanks for the tips.
                        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Glad you're back and had a great trip. I love that area, but go to Akumal (been going there since the 80s)-sure has grown a lot!! You aint missed much in fishing here-been real windy!!
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Try lightly sanding the connectors or hit them with a touch of steel wool. The corrosion might be blocking it. I wouldn't hold my breath for it though....

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                              I put it in my wifes camera and it just said memory card error. Do you have a trick. I was thinking about taking it over to Wolfe Camera and seeing if they could recover them.
                              Are they the same brand cameras? I had the same thing happen switching cards between two different brands, it would give me a memory error going one way but not the other. Do you have a reader on your PC? They are cheap at Fryes.....
                              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
                              X