Help on offshore trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on offshore trip

My kid is wanting to go offshore and he found out that the "New Buccaneer" is having a 30 hr trip during spring break. I'm need help on a couple of questions.
    1) Is the New Buccaneer worth the bucks ($300 each) for a March trip. I'm not looking to catch a bunch of 1lb fish, but hope to catch at least one worthwhile fish to brag about. We thought about waiting for snapper season.
    2) Since there is a possibility for tuna/wahoo, do I need my own rig or will it suffice to use their bottom/squid rigs? I'm not sure what is best for jigging or top water. I have a couple of rods I use for fishing off of jetties. I could probably use those for jigging.

I guess my biggest concern is paying the bucks and then watch the experienced fisherman pull in the tunas with their rigs and we are there watching the action. Of course, we want action.

What do you think? Suggestions?
    Thanks ahead of time.....

You might try pm'ing Muddskipper. He goes on Tuna Charters.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

It's a tough boat IMO for a young son .... and the spring is the hardest season, as seas are almost never below 3-5'

I personally like the Capt John for Tuna charters/ over nighters ..... I like to start doing over nighters around July - to November

Must have minimum reel is a high speed 6:1 gear ratio for using dimond jigs for black fin ...... like the shimano Torium
      BUT a medium Yellow fin hits your SOL ......

That reel will also serve as a good bottom rig for snapps and b-liners

Next step up is a 2 speed in the 30 size ..... it can handle he AJ's, Grouper, and big tuna
      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Working...
      X