Blockade Runners and WEA donate new flag to Rusty Hook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners and WEA donate new flag to Rusty Hook

As many of you probably have seen, the Rusty Hook is once again open. As you have probably also seen, the flag they are now flying is no longer a flag. Apparenty they left their American flag out during Ike and to this day the same "flag" flies. All that is left is the union of the flag.

I have a beautiful embroidered American flag that I found in the wreckage of Blockade Runners. It took a lot of washing, but I feel it is now in respectable shape to fly. It just needs some sun to wash the red stains out of the white stripes.

The first time 007 and I stopped at the Rusty Hook, I spoke to the owner and I told him I had a beautiful flag that I would like to give him, so he could replace the one that braved Ike. Tomorrow on the way down, we'll stop and present the flag to the Rusty Hook on behalf of Blockade Runners and West End Anglers.

Hopefully we'll see it flying soon. - Sandy
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Good for you Sandy...I bet they appreciate it bro!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Thats awsome. I'll see it on my way to SLP Saturday.

Comment

Well, who knows when he'll put it up. Now all I gotta do is remember to stop on the way down. I'm well known for forgetting things like that. "DOH!"
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Thanks Coach, Ill be looking for it.
          "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
            Well, who knows when he'll put it up. Now all I gotta do is remember to stop on the way down. I'm well known for forgetting things like that. "DOH!"
            I'll remind you.
            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

What no Stars and Bars..........

Really, good on you Sandy! I hope they fly her proudly.
              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Cool sandy good guy.
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

We stopped yesterday on the way down and the younger guy, Joel was there. We gave him the new flag and 007 presented him with a couple of WEA goodies that Blackbeard and Uncle Handy offered up. In a cool return of favor, they guy baited us up for free. Mullet for the crab traps and a pound of fresh dead for me.

Today as we passed on the way back, we saw the new flag flying. Cool to see it go to good use.

Comment

That's a very nice gesture, good to see they returned the favor as well.

I'm sure i'll be seeing the new flag this week.
                    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Great job Coach......Good deeds are always paid back in great number.
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good work Sandy, I go there all the time for my bait and have gotten to know the owner. He is a nice guy, but be careful of his dogs if you are on a golf cart
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Great job yall!
                          nk
                          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great Job, Sandy!!

Comment

Good job

AQUA PIMP
                              AQUA PIMP......
                              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"