Tiki homes - West facing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiki homes - West facing

We are looking at moving to the island, looking for some input on how bad a west facing (canal side) deck is during the summer.

The afternoon sum can get pretty brutal, also you generally don't get the prevailing gale (i.e. breeze) best to have your rear deck south or east facing.
    -----------------------
    .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

I face SE which is good, West sun is brutal IMO There may an architectural solution.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

All of the above is very good and true information, go east young man!

Actually north, south, or east, anything but west.

Gater

Comment

Originally posted by Lori77563 View Post
          ... the prevailing gale (i.e. breeze)...
          So true.

The gale helps to keep the skeeters away. If you're blocking the breeze, you'll have more to swat at.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

If ya have a large covered, screened in porch with many fans and maybe a mist cooling system, west may not be real bad.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Install a solar/bug screen you can raise and lower. Kinda pricey but what ain't in Tiki.
              Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
              "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Thanks for confirming.

Let me know if you hear of a good deal on the island, 3-2, 1500-1800 sgft. I guess I'll need a golf cart too!

Thanks again.

Comment

check out zillow.com, search via zip code 77554. Lots of listings these days.
                  At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Bueno Suerte View Post
                    Thanks for confirming.

Let me know if you hear of a good deal on the island, 3-2, 1500-1800 sgft. I guess I'll need a golf cart too!

Thanks again.
                    Check Castaways Resort Properties-check out "Azul de Luna" in Sea Isle. 2 minutes to bay and 2 minutes to Marina.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                      Check Castaways Resort Properties-check out "Azul de Luna" in Sea Isle. 2 minutes to bay and 2 minutes to Marina.
                      Very good advice! I just checked it out via zillow and there are several lots available. My thought is to get a lot and build on it. With the lot and build (3-2 +boat lift), should cost around $275,000 to $350,000.

Comment

Contact Brian Kuhn. He is a realtor on the island and a great guy. 409-354-6456. Big fisherman as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X