where to stay in Palacios/Matty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to stay in Palacios/Matty?

GSB, another buddy & I will be headed to Palacios for a weekend in July (17-19). We will be fishing with my cousin who lives in Palacios on Saturday, but were thinking about a night wade with Capt. Hollis Forrester on Friday night and another trip by ourselves on Sunday.
    I figured we could stay in Palacios because my cousin lives there and we would be going out from there on Saturday, but I might rethink it and stay around matty somewhere if we can find somewhere we can keep the boat in the water so we don't have to trailer it everywhere. Of course price is important as we will be on a budget.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

There are a few motels in Matty. I usually stay in the one next to the grocery store in Matty. I think it was around fity a night. Can't remember the name though.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

This site should hook you up
      At Matagorda Texas, Welcome to Matagorda and Matagorda.com - Matagorda is rich in Texas history, Matagorda is known for great fishing, its beautiful beach and as a great place to visit or vacation.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

We now have 6-10 guys going, so we will definitely be statying at a bay house somewhere, so if you know anyone that has one in a good location with a lighted pier, I would be much obliged for the info!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
          This site should hook you up
          www.matagorda.com

AQUA PIMP
          Thanks AP. Lots of rentals on there.
          sigpic

Comment

the rock groins in palacios boxed me , my dad ,a nd my cousin two nights of limits of trout with a mix of reds and flounder.. throwing the large tandem glow shad............ it was a blast and about the range of the trout was 18-27....... we had four that was 27

Comment

Originally posted by fishingcowboy View Post
              the rock groins in palacios boxed me , my dad ,a nd my cousin two nights of limits of trout with a mix of reds and flounder.. throwing the large tandem glow shad............ it was a blast and about the range of the trout was 18-27....... we had four that was 27
              Where are the rock groins?? Were you using lights?
              sigpic

Comment

Chip, call Full Stringer Lodge. We stayed at on of their places a few years ago, it is on the Colorado River and if I remember correctly they had a ligthed fishing pier.

BTW, you want to stay on the east of the draw bridge, because you can only get thru there before 7:00 am and then 1:00-1:30 and then after 7:00pm. They are working on the bridge.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

sounds like it wil be a fun trip.the rock groins are off the road that runs along the shoreline.there are several of them along with a few piers
                  nk
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Chip, If you prefer to stay in Palacios, try Serendipity Bay Resort. It is on the water located in the Harbor. They have a few cabins the park rents and there are boats slips next to them.

Comment

Working...
                    X