Weekend Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Trip

Just got back from Calicaseu and it was a blast. We left 5am friday morning and got to the lake about 8:30 and in the water about an hour later. Fishing started pretty slow Friday picked apart a few trout, reds and flounder but nothing great. We talked to some guides and there report wasn't much better than ours so we didnt feel too bad since we were going at this on our own.

Saturday the water was in great shape and we found a gut that was holding some fish so we anchored up and caught a mixed bag of trout and reds. We decided to go in early to catch a nap and hit it from 3 till dark and it paid off. We anchored all 3 boats about 50 yards a apart and hammered the trout and reds. Between paddle tails, tops and corkies we filled the boats. Biggest trout was 25 1/2 inches on a top but most went 20-23 inches. Reds ranged from 18 to 25 inches. After the evening was over we filled a 150 qt and a 120 qt cooler full of fish.

Sunday morning was blown out so we cleaned up and headed home for some much needed rest. The rental house was really nice. Anyone looking for a place to stay over there Big Lake Guest Houses are really nice and a great deal. Highly recommend them.

Biggest trout won a H3 Titanium American Rodsmith Tops n Tail rod. Great group of guys and we are re-booking for next year tomorrow. Lures work roach paddle tails, black and chartreuse tails, chartreuse corkies, and black and chartreuse skitterwalks. Some pics to come shortly
    Last edited by CarolinaSkiffin; May 17, 2009, 10:14 PM.

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a blast!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sounds like a good time.

I've always wanted to go fish the Big Lake, but i haven't had the chance yet.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Nice work on those fish, glad ya'll had a good trip.

Comment

Nice report, post some pictures when you have a chance.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice job, thanks for the report

AQUA PIMP
            AQUA PIMP......
            "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

my favorite place to fish.have caught hundreds of trout.great place.
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

WTG! Great Report
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Cool and great report-glad ya nailed them!!
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Yea, those houses are a lot nicer than Spicers, we have rented from them before. Way to go on the catching!!!!! I need to get back over there .....soon.
                    Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X