Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skiffstiff

Fishing report 5/16,17,18;
    Went out Saturday with the fly.Poled a couple of south shore coves had 5 shots at reds but no eaters.Water was dingy at best with very short range(20ft.) visibility.Went to topwater zero,ditto spoons.Got skunked !Too much wind on Sunday and Monday for me.

at least you got out there.thanks for the report
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Skiff, I'll be out that way Saturday, Sunday & Monday if your down we can link up... I got a flats boat hopefully I get my push pole in this week too!
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report, at least you got to get out there.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

At least you got to wet a line

Comment

Yes,it was great to be out on the flats.I love the hunt first and formost.When you slow down to push pole speed you really get to see a lot of wildlife.I would still like to catch some of those saltwater carp that I cast to the other day ! No complaint's from me as I get to on flats hunts several times each week.Gota love it !

SKIFFSTIFF

Comment

I fished Saturday too. I caught a few small slot reds, a bunch of hardheads (UGH) and some undersized trout and reds. I saw several great schools of nice slot reds, but they did not want to eat. I think that I found them too late in the day. Nonetheless, it was an awesome day on the water. However, most of the other Captains that I talked too did not have stellar catches either. It beats sitting on the couch!
              Capt. Jen Green

Comment

Thanks for the report....There is always next time!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I went down Saturday night to gig a few flatties. Only had about 30 minutes before the wind switched and blew me off the water. 20 mph head wind makes kayaking an "Iron Man" event. Kicked my bottom. Going back Thursday night (if not tonight).

Comment

Working...
                  X