No announcement yet.

Sad news in the Chronicle this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's just heartbreaking, I'm at a loss for words. My condolences to the Coen family for their loss, and Mr. Henderson on the loss of his fishing partner.
    Life is a fragile, temporal thing, love your family and be kind to all.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

WOW, so sad but can hopefully be shared to help prevent such a tradgedy from happening to the next person, R.I.P. Many prayers for that family and friends
      A Living Legend

Comment

I lost a friend the same way back when I was in high school they were 85 miles out chasing tuna and instead of staying with the boat he was never found or the two others and his dog.

The boat filled but never sank so if that happens never leave your boat.
        Son of the Republic

Comment

Such a tragic story and a reminder for us to be safe, plan ahead, triple check, stay cool. I also appreciate the safety tips. I'll be going to get some safety items this weekend before any trips.

Comment

Tragic - As someone else mentioned, the Bay can be just as dangerous. In 1979 my wifes uncle was in the bay with a freind and their sons dragging a sportsmans shrimp net. Their boat took on water and capsized. He drowned, but all three boys and the freind were rescued.
            "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

This also reminds me to say file a float plan with someone that will be staying behind.

I go out on the kayak by my self a lot and someone always knows where I am launching from where I am planning on going, what time I plan on getting on and off the water and if I am training, fishing, or paddling. This gives the search party valuable info if the situation ever arise.
              Son of the Republic

Comment

Originally posted by D-I-A View Post
                This also reminds me to say file a float plan with someone that will be staying behind.

I go out on the kayak by my self a lot and someone always knows where I am launching from where I am planning on going, what time I plan on getting on and off the water and if I am training, fishing, or paddling. This gives the search party valuable info if the situation ever arise.
                YEP
                I do the same thing DIA
                I guess we plan on coming home to our loved ones, for sure!
                Be safe out there ya'll
                Sad story and God bless all involved
                Finfisher

Comment

Originally posted by finfisher View Post
                  YEP
                  I do the same thing DIA
                  I guess we plan on coming home to our loved ones, for sure!
                  Be safe out there ya'll
                  Sad story and God bless all involved
                  Great advice. I do the same thing. God Bless those families.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
                  "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

I forgot to put this in but this is important as well make sure you give set person the numbers of local law enforcement/game warden and the emergency for number for the coast guard.
                    Son of the Republic

Comment

This post should be summarized and made a SAFETY POST Sticky as a great reminder to all of us. Mods-can you help do that?
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                      X