468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trees all over the beach! What's the story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trees all over the beach! What's the story?

I got back to the island today and took our lab for a cart ride to the beach and to my surprise, there was so many tree limbs and large tree trunks as far as the eye can see. Some are so large they can't wash up and are stuck in the surf, which can be a Saftey issue. Does anyone know where all of these trees came from?
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

The Rivers after all the rain we had. All that's been out in the gulf for a while
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

im real concerend about the safety issue...whats a girl to do? Like, i mean, what if you stepped on something out there!!!! OMG!!!!

speaking of b.s. on the west end....what about the swat team that was after the fugitve in bay harbor today that shot a bounty hunter and in turn was either shot by another bounty hunter or hopefully blew his own brains out so nobody had to waste a bullet? ie.....the swat team

live from the jt/ instant know it all/ gossip channel

Comment

Natures bulkhead!
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

it could also be an episode of Ax Men that the Discovery/History or True TV Channel is doing; you know, logging all those trees and then floating them down the Brazos to the West End for some evil, white, home builder/businessman to use to profit?

Comment

I think that dyck in Jamacia Beach(or was it Pirates) is yard cleaning again!
            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
              .....if they are "floaters" they aren't worth jack squat. Pile them up and burn 'em!
              Anything natural that hits the beach helps build the beach! Just make sure you buy a truck that can jump them...do you need a recommendation?
              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

JT, step away from the bar What I mean is there are several young kids playing around the LARGE tree trunks and one good wave could shift it and knock the crap out of them.

Anyway, who the heck is going to clean it up? Again, good for the beach, but you can't enjoy the beach these days. If it is not seaweed and trees, its the weekenders trashing the beach!. Can't wait for the city of Galveston to start charging to park on Seawall (being a smart arse), people are dumb enough to drive 15 miles to the west end to have free access to a beach but don't take into consideration that it will cost more then $8 (parking charge on the Seawall) in gas. Glad we bought in Terramar and not Jamacia Beach! Will be good for JT at the West End Bar.

Kenny,
                We have had rain like this before, do you remember that many trees on the beach at one time?
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                  JT, step away from the bar What I mean is there are several young kids playing around the LARGE tree trunks and one good wave could shift it and knock the crap out of them.

Anyway, who the heck is going to clean it up? Again, good for the beach, but you can't enjoy the beach these days. If it is not seaweed and trees, its the weekenders trashing the beach!. Can't wait for the city of Galveston to start charging to park on Seawall (being a smart arse), people are dumb enough to drive 15 miles to the west end to have free access to a beach but don't take into consideration that it will cost more then $8 (parking charge on the Seawall) in gas. Glad we bought in Terramar and not Jamacia Beach! Will be good for JT at the West End Bar.

Kenny,
                  We have had rain like this before, do you remember that many trees on the beach at one time?
                  Could be because of all the dead trees from last years drought then the wind we got last week duing that big storm.....or whatever JT was drunk talking about!
                  Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post

Kenny,
                    Yes, It's happened before. I didn't quite understand the part about Jamaica Beach........
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Obama announced today: "If I had a son, he would look just like those trees." which started the fact that it really is a conspiracy by the white people to kill minority kids that climb on them and the New Black Panther Party has issued a $10,000 bounty for the capture of any white person that can be associated with the deadly trees. Sheila Jackson Lee, Quanell X, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are lobbying Obama to send in the National Guard to arrest all white people on the beach and near the trees. Word is they plan to start hanging all white people found near the trees-after all, their is no Constitution or Bill of Rights recognized by Obama and his Administration. Remember, under Obama, one is guilty before being innocent-just ask George Zimmerman or Spike Lee's new friends, William and Edna Zimmerman (if you can find them since they all have hundreds of death threats against them and no one was arrested and William and Edna had nothing to do with the trees anyway-just Spike used their address in his Twitter account).
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

you want tree/sea weed/trash free beaches, move to either coast to the right or left and raise your pinky while you drink your cocktail.

Comment

Not true Gilbert. Just got back from the west coast and still have tar on my sandals.

Comment

Just remember, and simply put...**** runs down hill, and we're at the bottom!
                            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                              Obama announced today: "If I had a son, he would look just like those trees." which started the fact that it really is a conspiracy by the white people to kill minority kids that climb on them and the New Black Panther Party has issued a $10,000 bounty for the capture of any white person that can be associated with the deadly trees. Sheila Jackson Lee, Quanell X, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are lobbying Obama to send in the National Guard to arrest all white people on the beach and near the trees. Word is they plan to start hanging all white people found near the trees-after all, their is no Constitution or Bill of Rights recognized by Obama and his Administration. Remember, under Obama, one is guilty before being innocent-just ask George Zimmerman or Spike Lee's new friends, William and Edna Zimmerman (if you can find them since they all have hundreds of death threats against them and no one was arrested and William and Edna had nothing to do with the trees anyway-just Spike used their address in his Twitter account).
                              Finfisher

Comment

Working...
                              X