Homestead tax exemption/vote or lose it forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homestead tax exemption/vote or lose it forever

Take a look it concerns all of us in Texas.

PLEASE PASS IT ON.
    Early voting will take place April 30 - May 5 from 7 am to 7 pm; May 6 from noon to 6 pm and May 7 - May 8 from 7 am to 7 pm. Election day is May 12 from 7 am to 7 pm.

HOMESTEAD TAX EXEMPTION/VOTE OR LOSE IT FOREVER

Very important for seniors and disabled. Remember to vote AND look for this on the ballot. You MUST vote in May to keep the Homestead tax cap for 65 and over, even if you are not 65 yet. If you are a Texas homeowner then this is important to YOU, no matter what your current age, or if you are disabled or not. It WILL BENEFIT YOU in the future. It is also very important to your relatives/friends who are in one of these groups already. If you agree, please pass along to all on your TEXAS Residents email lists.
    I am sending this email to everyone on my email address list who lives in Texas . I want to be certain you are aware of a constitutional amendment that will be on the ballot at the May election. It is an amendment to correct an error made by the lawmakers when they voted for a reduction in school property taxes in 2005.
    When the lawmakers voted for a one-third reduction in school property taxes beginning in 2006 and to be completed this year, they FORGOT about the Homestead Exemption for senior citizens (65 and older) and people with disabilities. The state constitution caps school property taxes for homeowners 65 years and older and those who are disabled. However, they DID NOT get the same reduction when the property tax cut for schools was voted on two years ago. So an amendment is on the May ballot to correct this error. The problem is that most voters who are younger than 65 or not disabled probably won't even notice the amendment or care. At least not until THEY become 65 or disabled themselves and then if this doesn't pass, it will be
    [COLOR=red&quot]TOO LATE.[/COLOR] PLEASE get out and vote for this amendment if not for yourself, then for your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends. We would really appreciate your getting the word out to all your friends and families to VOTE FOR this Amendment. The fear is that with a low voter turnout, the amendment could very well not pass. So, please, please pass the word and VOTE FOR the Constitutional Amendment. Early voting will take place April 30 - May 5 from 7 am to 7 pm; May 6 from noon to 6 pm and May 7 - May 8 from 7 am to 7 pm. Election day is May 12 from 7 am to 7 pm.

Thanks for the heads up,I own my home and look forword to using this right when that time comes,thanks again!
    West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Thanks.
      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

I may be mistaken, but this applies for disabled folks only, but makes perfect sense for our elected azzes in power-steal from the disabled and elderly-farging BS. Next they'll start killing folks over 65-but first ya get some LSD and watch a movie-then it's Soylent Green Time for your carcass. Ummm, tasty. Vote em out.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Listen up there is no such thing on the ballot. This is internet rumor that has been around for several years.
          -----------------------
          .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

JANUARY 1, 2012-- TAX EXEMPTION FOR SURVIVING SPOUSE OF 100% DISABLED VETERAN
            by: Rep. Anderson, Charles "Doc"
            12/30/2011
            As the New Year approaches, I wanted to remind those who are eligible that a "surviving spouse" homestead property tax exemption now applies to the widow of a veteran whose service-connected disability rating was 100%.

In 2007, the grateful voters of Texas approved an amendment to the Texas Constitution which allowed for the total exemption of a homestead property for veterans whose service-connected disability rating was 100%. This change was codified in the 2009 legislative session.

The latest change for surviving spouses was ratified by voters and codified by the Legislature in 2011. Of the nine ballot proposals on the statewide ballot, the surviving spouse property tax exemption garnered -- by far -- the most support, with 82.9% support.

Although the change in law has taken effect, a surviving spouse is required to apply for the exemption with their local appraisal district. The exemption remains in effect as long as the spouse has not remarried and the property is used as the primary homestead of the surviving spouse.

As the House sponsor of the constitutional amendment for the surviving spouse provision, and Vice Chair of the Texas Veterans' Caucus, my colleagues and I wanted to ensure the intent of Texans that a surviving spouse of a 100% disabled veteran would not face losing their home for tax purposes upon the death of the veteran.

Check with your county tax office for the proper forms to fill out if you are the surviving spouse of a 100% disabled veteran.

Passed in previous years.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Lori77563 View Post
              Listen up there is no such thing on the ballot. This is internet rumor that has been around for several years.
              The next thing you know, she will be saying its cool for guys to take their girlfriends fishing and that it is an internet rumor that women should be barefoot and in the kitchen---barefoot that is, so they wont be tempted to go anywhere...geeesh

Comment

You know why most men don't want women to fish cause they know we would be/are better than them.
                -----------------------
                .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

Working...
                X