Weather Liar Forecast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Liar Forecast

They're forecasting for it to blow like a sombeech for the next five days , first SSE then turning NNE. It might be "sit down fishing" at the jetties! LOL
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Everything I've seen shows it laying down Monday.
    Windfinder.com - Detailed wind, waves, weather & tide forecast for Galveston Coast Guard Station / Texas, United States of America for kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, fishing & hiking.

"Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

It figures, I finally get a day to get out there, and i'll need an anchor to stay put.
      Going to rollover pass, was thinking about Texas City dike, but there as well,
      there is zero protection, darn the luck anyway....
      "Laissez les bons temps rouler"
      "Leh-seh leh boh taw roo-leh"

Comment

All I need is for it to lay down next weekend. That's all I care about
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Is it blowing down there right now? I was wanting to fish until I saw the forecast.

Friggin pisses me off Im a weekend warrior and dealt with this crap every weekend I wanted to go last year. Fished last weekend and it was supposed to be light winds but NOOOOOOO..... turn on the AM fishing show as Im leaving the driveway at 5am and hear Capt saying "well its howling at least 20 right now". GRRRRRR

Guess I'll just get drunk as a skunk this weekend. Just watch, now that Ive called off fishing this weekend it'll probably not even be very windy.

Comment

I know how you feel, but theres nothing you can do to change it.So relax and replan your trip and make the most of it.And go catch fish inspite of the weather!
            West Bay Sensai...

Comment

They are already calling or tornado warnings in Houston on Monday

Comment

Well today was windy as hell. Wanted to fish the incoming tide but at the pass that I was at when the tide switched it wasn't even worth my time. I was using 3/8 oz jig head tandems and I couldn't even feel the bottom.
                Son of the Republic

Comment

The best I know to do is wake up at dark-thirty in the morning and walk outside and check the wind for yourself.

Before the front hits, sometimes the wind will near stop so be ready for that because that's a lucky time to fish.

The weather dudes know where is a polar jet and a subtropical jet getting close by, but really can't predict local conditions all that good. That said, it's much more windy down south here and we could get a Gale Warning. That's over 39 MPH. I'll be surfing because it'll be too rough for fishing.

Comment

I am getting photos of limits every day, West Bay is on fire!

My buddy has been down all week slaying trout & redfish. I'll be gigging tonight.
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                      I am getting photos of limits every day, West Bay is on fire!

My buddy has been down all week slaying trout & redfish. I'll be gigging tonight.
                      Show us the pictures! LOL
                      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                        Show us the pictures! LOL
                        May 27, 2011... 4 straight days of limits over Memorial Day Weekend with 20+ MPH winds

http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/threads/11611-Round-2!

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

It may die down on Monday then pick back up Tuesday die down a little on Wednesday and Thursday and then pick back up Friday. I see a pattern here.

The "Retired Guys Good Mid-Week Weather Pattern".
                          "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Thanks!
                            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                            X