Pirates Boat Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates Boat Launch

Unsure when they will reopen, I have a call into the guy. The ramp is closed making Jamaica Beach the closest mid bay launch point on the south shoreline.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

This what they posted a couple weeks ago on their FB page
    April 4

TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF WATERMAN PRIVATE BOAT RAMP

Two weekends ago, ( March 30 ), we chained off our private boat launch, adjacent to The Waterman Restaurant, that outlets to Lake Como, to ensure the safety of the people that were accustomed to using it, at leisure, since Hurricane Ike closed our doors, in September 2008.
    There are two reasons, and two reasons only that we were forced to do this until our re-open.
    First off, we understand, and I can tell you from experience, that everyone in Pirates’ Cove, & Beach, Lafitte’s’ Cove, and surrounding communities, that we have all bounced back from a blow that some of us are just now starting to get over.
    We did NOT do this to inconvenience anyone, especially if you support the restaurant. We are in the hospitality business. It is in our best interest to make people happy.
    We had a wakeup call a few weeks ago when there was an incident that occurred where someone was injured in the marina area.
    I can speak on the owner’s behalf, and will stand behind them 100%, when I say that we would be liable if an injury would occur, God forbid we lose momentum in re-opening the restaurant.
    The area is NOT safe as of yet. We have plenty of work ahead of us to ensure a safe environment for all to enjoy.
    Next week, the area will be under construction due to brand new Shell Oil equipment, including a brand new 5000 gallon fuel tank, new over-head fuel lines, and a double-pump dispenser, to be erected in the very same area of the boat launch deck, where it was pre-existing before Hurricane Ike.
    We have employees that need to be re-employed, to provide a living for their families once again. We have the surrounding community that is ready to come back home again.
    Our goal is just to re-open, and do what we do best. Please, have patience as we move forward to bring The Waterman Restaurant back to you in the way you remember, and more.
    See you in May, and, of course, with an un-chained ramp!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the update.
      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Thanks for posting it.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for posting! Didn't know they temporarily chained.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Working...
          X