$16 tool to install a $3 drink holder! geez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $16 tool to install a $3 drink holder! geez

Folks; I hope somebody here can help me out. I bought 2 recessed drink holders to put on the boat. They require a 3 and 3/4 inch hole and that size hole saw doesn't come in my set or my neighbors either.

Is there anybody that has one I could borrow? I would be most grateful!

Thanks,
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

I ran into the same problem awhile back. I ended up using a jigsaw which I have one you can borrow. I used a protractor that I had. A cheap one is a buck or so in the school supply section at wal fart.If not you can use a string and pencil to make the template. I used manilla folders since the are a little sturdier than paper or an old cardboard twelve pack works good too.Cut out the circle. Trace with a marker here you want the hole. Drill a hole bigger than the jigsaw blade just inside the line. Insert jigsaw blade and take your time. The lip of the holder covers enough the make up for a little error. Caulk the bad boy in and insert cold beverage of choice. Enjoy

PS on another note I found that my GPS cover makes for a great holder of odd items such as smokes,lighter, phone, lures,Pliers,Clippers and other what nots. I lay it behind my deep finder,GPS and Spot light power supply /phone charger outlet.
    Last edited by corndog; May 1, 2012, 08:59 PM.
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

What corndog said but find or borrow a sheetrock circle cutter will make a perfect circle to whatever desired size.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I have a rotozip that will make circles. Let me know.
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
          What corndog said but find or borrow a sheetrock circle cutter will make a perfect circle to whatever desired size.
          Who has a console made of sheetrock? Geez!! LOL. I have one of those you can borrow too GSB.
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Or bring your boat over and lreisher and I will hook you up while your here!! We can also have reeltime come over and tell you " you know what you ought do!!!" LMAO!!
            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
              Or bring your boat over and lreisher and I will hook you up while your here!! We can also have reeltime come over and tell you " you know what you ought do!!!" LMAO!!
              I almost fell out of the hotel window!lmao
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                I almost fell out of the hotel window!lmao
                I mean Sheetrock what were ya thinkin?
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                  You ought to Uhhhhh never mind hehehheehehehhe
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Sounds like a Gummint designed drinkholder. Did they give you an assault rifle to go with it?
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Or maybe put the pole down and hold the beer....

Comment

A roto-zip bit on a die grinder will do the job.
                        "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

BTW, I live in League City, too, and would be happy to help you cut the holes. I get home about 5:00. PM me if you want to bring the boat over, and I'll send you my address. Happy to help.
                          "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

If your close, run buy and use mine!
                            Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                            (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                            4340 19th St.
                            Bacliff, Texas 77518
                            http://evansmarine.net
                            http://boatwerxtx.com
                            main@boatwerxtx.com
                            281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

You sure a sheetrock circle cutter won't git it?

Comment

Working...
                              X