468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some Help from the pros...and you other guys as well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Help from the pros...and you other guys as well...

I just bought some trim tabs for my boat but before i can install them i'm going to have to relocate my fishfinder transducer. The question i have is how is the best way to seal the screw holes that held the transducer in place? epoxy? Fiberglass inserts? some other method that i don't know about? I do know that the patched holes will be behind the backing plate for the trim tabs. Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Plug the holes with plastic or FG (not wood) dowels coat with epoxy. Before securing the trim tab backing plate, make a fat ring of clear silicone around the repair, then mount plate.

Comment

He said it! I just squirt 5200 in em but Shoal patrol does it professionally and I would follow his plan over my lazy plan.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Im sure he's used 5200 a time or 2,it is some da#% good stuff! gotta have it!
        West Bay Sensai...

Comment

3M 5200
          "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Quick and easy way 3M 5200.
            "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Don't know what 5200is, but GE silicone works well. At least it has for me.

Comment

5200 (red fast cure, I even use it to seal underwater electric fittings) coat the screws and put them back in.
                -----------------------
                .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

If its the small screws for transducer bracket then get the gel coat repair kit & fill the holes in, will take several applications to get it even with the rest of the gel coat as it shrinks when it dries, if you overfill it, just sand with fine grit like 2000 then 4000,buff & wax.
                  Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
                    If its the small screws for transducer bracket then get the gel coat repair kit & fill the holes in, will take several applications to get it even with the rest of the gel coat as it shrinks when it dries, if you overfill it, just sand with fine grit like 2000 then 4000,buff & wax.
                    It is the small transducer screws. I'm adding trim tabs and they are right in the way. Thanks for the tip I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                    X