SLP wind question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP wind question

I'm thinking about dropping in at West End marina tomorrow morning around 6:30 A.M.. I am taking a friend of mine that just treated me to some excellent bass fishing and wanted to return the favor on some Specs and Reds. Tomorrow has isolated showers that I hope we miss, but also a North wind at around 8mph. I'm not used to fishing a North wind in that area and wanted to know what the game plan should be. We will likely topwater early morning and corky's later on. If we get real desperate, I'm not above soakin some croakers. Any help would be appreciated.

I would fish the beach front
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I agree the fishing should be good in the surf the next few days. Just trying to decide when to go myself and what to throw at em.
      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Beach front for sure man. I'd be there if I wasn't working.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Fish the beech.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
            Beach front for sure man. I'd be there if I wasn't working.
            X2

Comment

When ya'll say beach front, beach front just east of the pass? Thanks for the responses. This keeps me from having to take the boat.

Comment

Dondo...personal preference for me to drive almost even with the water tower...dont know why I catch more there but always have...
                sigpic

Comment

East or west of pass it looks good all the way
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thanks guys. I know that water tower you're talking about. Looks like surf is gonna be good everywhere around that area. I appreciate the feedback. I'll try and post results tomorrow.

Tight lines to everyone.

Comment

Go get 'em!
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I like to fish wade the SLP area, despite how busy it can get. Y'all said "beach side" is on right now. What is the indicator(s) to head bay or surf side?
                        What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

If the surf is flat and its 75ish degrees or higher -- go get in it. If not go the other way.
                          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                            If the surf is flat and its 75ish degrees or higher -- go get in it. If not go the other way.
                            Simple and easy. Occam's Razor. Thank you very much Ibtsoom! Internet beer for you
                            What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

Guys, thanks for the feedback again. All in all, a good time on the water. We ended up fishing west of SLP at the cell phone tower. 20-30 anglers around at 6:20 this morning. We started out popping live shrimp, but after too many hookups on trash fish and shark, we moved to topwaters. Bite was great in the morning as I noticed other pluggers filling their stringers on the dead calm surf. At around 10:00, the bite came back on, and they couldn't resist a bone super spook. We packed up at 12:00 and was able to bag 5 good size trout between 18-24". Missed a couple of blowups, but I'm starting to understand why many of you prefer tops. Can't think of many things more rewarding than getting in a rythym and watching those trout crush it. Doesn't suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X