Black Salty Baitfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Salty Baitfish

Do any of you have any experience using Black Salty baitfish? I used them a couple of years ago and landed a few fish, nothing special, other than a 5'+ Blacktip Shark.

I've got a batch coming tomorrow and I'm going to try catching some specs or reds with them. I'll keep you posted.
    "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Larry Bozka was their spokesman. I always wanted a T-shirt. He promised me one about five times! Don't know what happened to that guy, he just seems to have faded into the woodwork.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
      Larry Bozka was their spokesman. I always wanted a T-shirt. He promised me one about five times! Don't know what happened to that guy, he just seems to have faded into the woodwork.
      I seen him some years back at a wedding... my buddy had some black saltys left over from flounder fishing he put em in his kids fish tank and they lived for years
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Fresh water tank, right? Somewhere I read that they are goldfish, the darker colored ones mostly.

Comment

Fresh water tank, right? Somewhere I read that they are goldfish, the darker colored ones mostly. Yeah, just looked them up, they're the darker pigmented goldfish. Try getting some at one of the pet stores, may save you some money.

Comment

I know some guys down in Baffin and Mansfeild that use to use them.. might still.. watch you catch with them is a matter of finding the fish and then throwing them in the fish you want to catch .. they'll hunt just like anything else. Throw them in specks and reds and you'll catch them.
            t
            TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Try getting some at one of the pet stores, may save you some money.
              The BS are acclimated to salt water so they can live in it ~12hr or something. Don't think the store goldfish would do as well.

I would just net some finger mullet personally

Comment

I just received the Black Saltys. 10 lbs is about 300 fish. Stay tuned. I'll post pics of my catches.
                "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Originally posted by FishNette View Post
                  I just received the Black Saltys. 10 lbs is about 300 fish. Stay tuned. I'll post pics of my catches.
                  Sounds good.
                  "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

What are you doing with 300 fish? A goldfish bowl? LOL
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

sweet!
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                        What are you doing with 300 fish? A goldfish bowl? LOL
                        Better get a cattle trough
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                        X