Type of Fish??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of Fish??

Is this a Blue Fish?...Caught it tonight on the rocks right off 61st...used a red/white tail fat boy corky
    Attached Files
    LETS GO FISHIN THE 2ND TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK!!...ILL PAY THE EXPENSES!

Yep, bluefish. Yankees like 'em. Their meat is like mackerel. I don't care for it one bit. I call that good crab trap bait. They're fun unless you're in a school of trout and you keep coming up with 1/2 trout. Bastages have teeth like a piranha. Yankees use toilet chains for leaders to catch 'em, but they don't get as big around the Gulf Coast.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Why are all the fun one's nasty!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
        Why are all the fun one's nasty!
        All the nasty ones are fun!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Yea this one wasnt big and put up somewhat of a fight when i reeled him closer...but this is the first one ive caught so i just wanted to make sure what type it was..thanks guys

Comment

Great for chum
            I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Throwing lures in the black of the night in that wind is gumption. Glad it didn't cut your $6.00 lure off. They scare me when I'm throwing 51's. I hate wire leaders.

Comment

Lol yea that wind was bad at first but calmed down for a while....i had not intention of fishing but i was driving around in texas city and i had my tackle box and rod and reel...and my wife says well since were so close to galveston lets go fishing and i said ok so i went there since its the closest spot i could think other than driving down to the west end...and i got lucky with a fish lol

Comment

You did good!

Comment

They don't seem to get a big as the ones in Yankee land, and seem more common off Houston rather than down-coast in South Texas. Mama never let us cook them inside they stunk so bad, so we always used the tinfoil method on the BBQ. After steaming them in the tinfoil, with a ton of Mayo and onion, poke a few holes through the fillet and the bottom of the tinfoil to let out the oil, which will smoke like the Devil. Hope they don't call the fire department on ya!

Comment

Cool...
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Sweet!
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

After the filet's are off, if you cut out the dark strip, soak them in Italian or mix something up
                          that you like, cook-em anyway you prefer. That dark strip holds all the oil and strong flavor,
                          that does not taste very good.
                          "Laissez les bons temps rouler"
                          "Leh-seh leh boh taw roo-leh"

Comment

Well i threw him back because i didnt have nothing to put him in since we just went fishing because we were in the area

Comment

I couldnt keep them things of my hook last weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X