North Shore mud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Shore mud

Headed to north shore Sunday morning hoping the wind was dying and we could hit some of our fav spots. First time on the water this year. Water was chocolate milk, but spotted birds close to the shore so we went for a look. spotted a pod of about 20 Reds tearing it up, tried to get to them, but way shallow, tried to drift in but still to far, cranked up and moved a few times, and was like why is it so shallow here. Finally got fed up,threw the anchor, put the boots and guards on, and jump out. Holy crap, I'm up to my knees in mud, then it sinks in, sorry for the pun, about the dredging this winter. I high step towards the fish while the rest of the guys bail out, all screaming about the mud. It gets better.

My first cast with a top produces a beautiful backlash and my lure lands about 200 yards away inthe Intercoastal. At this point I'm getting really pissed and calling the Corps of Engineers all kinds of names. I pull another plug to tie on, about the same time a seagull almost hits me in the head all wrapped in Power Pro, my buddies Power Pro. He tosses a bait right in the middle of the fish and gets wrapped around the bird . I try to get the bird unwrapped, and he is pissed too! Not at the Corps like me, but tries to peck me to death. So we give up, trudge back to the boat, and one of the boys with us is stuck in the mud, cannot move without losing his boots, and he no longer has any bait, and the fish pop back less than 10 feet from him. We drift to him, and he almost goes under the boat, jump out again to help. Free his legs and get back in the boat. By now I have gone past the Corps, the Interior Department and have blamed the whole clusterf on Obama!

It really sucks what they were allowed to do up there. The whole area has completely changed.

Freaking Obama!

very detailed thanks!
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

What a deal. Damn Obama strikes again.

Comment

Be carefull out there.
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

The North shoreline is wrecked for the foreseeable future, the grass is buried as are many of the finger reefs. There are very few spots that I have fished for years that aren't buried in mud. Thanks a lot ACE.....
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Sounds like a big mess.
            "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

If the shoreline is trashed, it'll take a few years to get back to normal. It took more than a few years for that grass to get where it is and it amazes me that more enviromentalist groups don't get more involved when it comes to dredging. How about to the east of K cut??? Covered too?

Comment

Yes east of cut is covered in an area not as bad but still a nice layer of mud. I took the mud motor straight to the dredge output when it was sitting in the area west of the cut. It was thigh deep in areas.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  Yes east of cut is covered in an area not as bad but still a nice layer of mud. I took the mud motor straight to the dredge output when it was sitting in the area west of the cut. It was thigh deep in areas.
                  great,used to be a good spot.
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

It was thigh deep in areas

WHATTA DEAL!!! THANKS, C.O.E.! (not you, Coe)

Comment

Showing the impact of the dredge disposing material into West Galveston Bay
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the vid, think Im gonna puke after watching. Didn't mean to hijack!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X