Dont know what to do!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont know what to do!!!

So i planned on hitting up the surf in the morning tommorow but i got splashed with some very strong industrial paint thinnner at work yesterday and have a burnt spot on my stomach and thigh, now i dont know if the saltwater will irritate it or not, but i dont have any open wounds or nothing like that its just like a very bad sun burn but it doesnt bother me, what do yall think??
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000137.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	572022
    LETS GO FISHIN THE 2ND TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK!!...ILL PAY THE EXPENSES!

If it were me I'd go. It probably won't bother it, but if it does you can always go home. You won't catch fish sitting on the couch!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I wash brainwashed as a youth that saltwater is good for you.i still can't get enough.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

The salt water will burn it due to the salt content, but may do it some good. Let your pain level be your guide.

Comment

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4620366...fect-skin.html ....just finished reading this article, and it convinced me to think its gonna benefit me and not hurt me, so ill im still going fishing!...@ SCHU yea like they said if anything i can just walk out the water and fish somewhere from shore or rocks, just seen your in MANVEL thats where i work

Comment

Once upon a time, I'd have said yes to the saltwater exposure, but with this flesh eating bacteria along the gulf causing so many people with weakened immune systems or even a small cut serious and deadly consequences, it is my humble opinion that I would NOT expose myself to the gulf water until well healed.

Comment

yea i considered that too, but thought it only affected people who had open wounds? in which this case i dont have any its just a burn

Comment

Water went from nasty this morning to blue this evening after rains. Can't see wave action from house but looks like I'll have to give it a go in the a.m.

Comment

So let me ask you a question.. its a burn. At any time your skin can 'erupt', part of the healing process. If this was your friend, sister, brother, Mom, Dad, what advice would you give them?

Comment

probably to base it on how they feel and to just have caution...but i personally dont think its that bad because its not blistered up or anything...ill prolly just see how it looks in the AM and go from there

Comment

Need a little help here- don't know if burn is an open wound or not, but THAT burn covers a lot of area and some we are not seeing. I wold be very careful in light of the SB comment. If there are blisters, they can break. then you have an open wound...good luck. With the flesh eating bacteria, YOU DON't GET A SECOND CHANCE!!! There ain't no fish worth that. Good luck whatever you decide to do...

Comment

Well the burn does wrap around everything is basically in the pic i posted...and no it has no blisters or open wounds

Comment

the part on my thigh is like a 1.5 inch circle and thats it.....just to play it on the safe side im probably just gonna go knee deep if i do go so it wont be submerged in the water

Comment

Salt water good ,flesh eating bacteria not ,it is a burn ,flip a coin

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
                              Go early , fish the first and second gut .
                              if its flat you wont have to get it wet.
                              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X