The chair is against the wall . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The chair is against the wall . . .

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long moustache. John has a long moustache.

With these words, heard over the radio on the night of June 5, 1944, the French Resistance began to ready for the coming liberation. In the coming hours, American paratroopers dropped from the skies, followed by landings by American, British, and Canadian troops on the beaches of Normandy, France. The code names of Omaha and Utah are something we have all heard. Some of us have never heard of Juno, Sword, and Gold beaches. These men, many of whom gave the ultimate sacrifice, thrust the first spear point into Hitler's Atlantic Wall. So few are with us today. If you know one of these men, make a special effort on June 6th, D-Day, to thank them for what they did for us. Remember D-DAY!
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

That's right! I couldn't imagine visiting there. Went to Vicksburg battlefield cemetery once and had o leave cause the spiritual presence was overwhelming.

Comment

Went there July 2000. My dad and I were both bawling unashamedly at the St. Laurent Cemetary overlooking Omaha Beach. I have a very bad video of a much younger me on the beach giving a history lesson. But I don't know how to put videos up.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Thanks for the reminder.
        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
        X