Oh Yea Gaftop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Yea Gaftop!

Had a revelation last night. Of course I love chasing those tagged reds and seeking that ever elusive 10# trout, but I totally forgot there is a grand prize for the biggest ugly slimey too! I am on a mission to bag that 8# black cat of the sea. Good Ol fashioned bait your line raise the canopy and crush a few cold ones fishing!!! And with this heat, sounds like the only way to go.

Dang it. I have competition Good luck with that! I rather go for the sheepie or the flounder before I go after gafftop!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
      Dang it. I have competition Good luck with that! I rather go for the sheepie or the flounder before I go after gafftop!

AH HA! Another revelation!!!! Gracias!

Comment

I remember reading in a CCA publication about a guy that targets the gafftop during the STAR tourney. He has won one a boat or two and was able to earn scholorship money for his kids.

Comment

Shhhhhhh! There's no gafftop in Galveston bay.
          "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
            I remember reading in a CCA publication about a guy that targets the gafftop during the STAR tourney. He has won one a boat or two and was able to earn scholorship money for his kids.
            He has won 3 boats, all with gafftop! He is out of the tourney for 7 years now. Go get'em!
            Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

LOL rocky, get 'em fat and heavy!

I'll bet you could chum an area regularly and get some big ones feeding on schedule. Use large bait and hooks to avoid smaller catfish.

Comment

Squid works Real good for those Fat Cats if thats what you are trying to catch & Alot of times you get to re-use the bait again because the squid if Tuff & does not come off the hook easily! Good Luck!!

Comment

They were hitting anything we threw at them yesterday, live bait, plastic to topwaters just no hogs in the mix.
                  "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                  X