South Deer Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Deer Island

Does anyone fish this area that could offer any pointers? I launched at the end of 8 mile road a few years back, is this ramp still there? It was a concrete ramp close to the old boat that was parked there. We fished confedertae reef and caught a few, is any part of this reef better than the rest of it? I have a boat and am open to suggestions as to a better place to utilize it to get to some fish.

Have not fished Confederate so don't know. Have fun on this site!!!

Comment

I have never launched my boat other than kayak near Sportsman / 8 mile... Not sure if there is a ramp or not. I've seen people launch off of Sportsman before but I figured that was a private launch.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

We are staying at the inn at the waterpark i believe. Going next weekend be down on thursday. I'm not set on this area its just were we went a few years back so I sort of know whats there as far as water hazards. I am open to anything though so if you say hey go here and do this I probably will, at least once!

Comment

What Flatbottom said !

The place is hammered on the weekends.
          "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

If you don't know the area I would suggest launching at Fat Boys on Tiki or causeway bait stand and fishing the causeway or reefs infront of Tiki, you can get to N or S Deer easily from them.
            -----------------------
            .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

The ramp is still there. I see a lot of boats launch there but they are usually 16' and under. That area can be tricky to run so take it slow and look at google earth before to get familiar with the area.

Comment

Working...
              X