Boat duck blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat duck blind

Im about to build a blind on my boat, teal season is almost here. Anyone built their own? How did you do it and how you like it? Im tired of parking the boat and walking or staying in the boat with bad cover and flaring the birds.
    Karma's a beach.

Originally posted by Xpress89 View Post
    Im about to build a blind on my boat, teal season is almost here. Anyone built their own? How did you do it and how you like it? Im tired of parking the boat and walking or staying in the boat with bad cover and flaring the birds.
    I did it very well thank you

Fast Grass & then a combination of specially selected colors of Raffia Grass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	opener.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	557554

Scissor blind is what you are looking for:

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

What about the structure, the frame??? And what about the fast grass when hauling boat? Guess just depends on the design of the frame.
      Karma's a beach.

Comment

Edited to include a construction link... See below the photo in my post.

Comment

sweet. ill check it out.
          Karma's a beach.

Comment

If you have to hunt out of the boat, scissor blinds are the way to go like was said above.
            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
              I did it very well thank you

Fast Grass & then a combination of specially selected colors of Raffia Grass.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20289[/ATTACH]

Scissor blind is what you are looking for:

http://www.mudmotortalk.com/mmt_v2/v...php?f=4&t=3347
              Coe, you did a great job blending that in with the surroundings. Very nice. Nothing cracks me up more watching a fully camoed blind stick out like a sore thumb!

Comment

Coe...

You need to get a layout boat, strap it to that mud rig, and then disappear in that grass. Those dumb ol' ducks on the coast will never know what hit em.
                "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                  Coe...

You need to get a layout boat, strap it to that mud rig, and then disappear in that grass. Those dumb ol' ducks on the coast will never know what hit em.
                  They already don't know what hits 'em but yes I'm looking at a few. Any brands you prefer?

Comment

Momarsh if you have the money and means of getting it out there.

If not you can search around and find some cheaper and shorter versions. Some you may need to get creative and mount your own netting on the boat to attach natural vegetation to. Mighty Layout Boats makes a high quality layout, but they're mostly designed for big water.

Comment

Yea i have property in the prairie i usually hunt most of the time but this year want to hunt the bay a little more... Closer to home, and love hammering the dumb redheads.
                      Karma's a beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Xpress89 View Post
                        love hammering the dumb redheads.
                        I'll contact you when I start shooting 'em & even allow you to take them home. Trade you teal, pintail or heck even a blue bill for those stinky redheads, any day lol

Comment

Also, there are no ducks in West Bay.

You have to go into the marshes & back lakes to get them. Make sure to stay away from those big trout guys, that can be a challenge

Comment

O yeah, pintail and teal are the higher priority but its just so easy to hammer the redheads hoping its a band, rather than not shooting them when they are cupping into the spread... And yes, the back lakes are good
                            Karma's a beach.

Comment

Good looking blind Coe, that green blends well with our Winter marshgrass.

I don't know why the only duck camo out there looks like a cut cornfield...

Comment

Working...
                              X