SLP bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP bridge

I remember a long time ago before i got into fishing, a buddy and I went under the SLP bridge at night with a green light, and we hammered them. Has anyone tried it out lately? I may just take the pops out there for fathers day now since the yamaha is back in service.
    Karma's a beach.

You can't go wrong taking the old man out for a night fishing expedition. A lot cooler & easier for him to stay out there with you.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yea true that. Either there or i may try under the causeway
      Karma's a beach.

Comment

Sweet...
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Good deal on the motor back up and running. I'll bet SLP would get you better fish, as there would be fewer lights to compete with (causeway is already lit up big). I would rather eat the trout from near the pass than near the causeway too.

Comment

the causeway is pretty good right now ,but i guess it will depend on the what the wind is doing that day.
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks fellas, yea i may just have to try under SLPB. I hope the water is a decent color and the wind isnt blowing 25 +
              Karma's a beach.

Comment

What would be the best wind for right there under the causeway??
                Karma's a beach.

Comment

Light SE or E would be best. There is a lot of open water around so it can get rough. Wait... Causeway or SLPB?

Comment

Causeway. heck SLPB too. I only have a 16 ft welded john boat so i damn near need flat. I know it gets rough under SLPB.
                    Karma's a beach.

Comment

Saw some folks using a greenlight at SLP a few weeks back. Not sure how the did though.

Comment

Yea i love it when the green water pushes in there
                        Karma's a beach.

Comment

June is the time!...

Need tide movement but not to fast ... Green water is not needed but cant have bad clarity ...

Trick
                          Use tandum small crappie jigs on white curly tails.... just bounce them under the boat lights ....
                          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Yea the "speck rigs " i call them... we use to use them on the san luis pier and kill them. Thanks muddskipper
                            Karma's a beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Xpress89 View Post
                              Yea the "speck rigs " i call them... we use to use them on the san luis pier and kill them. Thanks muddskipper
                              Nope .... go smaller! ... .seriously ..Crappie jigs ... the size of the bait that will hang around your green light will be tiny... half the size of your spec rig ....
                              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Working...
                              X