Mono Line Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mono Line Recommendation

Howdy all - hope I'm not getting annoying with my constant solicitation for advice on here, but I value the veterans' opinion on different issues. I've been wadefishing for around 8 years, but you could fill a book with what I don't know about saltwater angling!

Yesterday I bought a brand-spankin-new Shimano Chronarch at Bass Pro. I was a diehard Curado man before they changed their product line, and as I understand it, the Chronarch is now the equivalent to the old Curados. Anyway, I want to put line on it this week before I take it out for its maiden trip this weekend, and wanted to see what sort of line you guys liked. I don't care for braided line, so any recommendations you could make for mono line, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I've used 12# or 14# test Stren lo-vis green for 20 years. Caught a few and like it best. When you find something that works well, why change?

Comment

Clear Ande 12# in 1/4 pound spool for about $6.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I use suffix 10# or 12# and have absolutely no complaints

Comment

I use big game solar collector in the 12 or 15 lb.
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

10-12 lb main line Ande, Stren it doesn't matter for me I do use a 20LB fluorocarbon leader.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

So far, Ande's in the lead! ha ha

Comment

The ande wasn't for me to many birdsnest and line would break off for no apparent reason.
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                  The ande wasn't for me to many birdsnest and line would break off for no apparent reason.
                  No apparent reason-ha, I saw Corndog with an Exacto-knife sawing at your reel spool.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Spiderwire makes a mono fillament which is good for strength & abrasion resistance. A article came out in the paper the other day I have it @ home I check it out when I get home & give you the results of the testing they did! Some of the new Fluorocarbon lines are suppose to be A lot better than the mono lines.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                      10-12 lb main line Ande, Stren it doesn't matter for me I do use a 20LB fluorocarbon leader.
                      I like a shock leader too. I use the spool line for mine. I get the idea of a heavier leader for reef nicks and such but I like the sweivel for keeping my soft plastic swimming right and my line from bailing.

Comment

I use the 20 lb leader too...on pretty much everything I throw..from topwaters, soft plastics, and fee lining shrimp. Don't know if it screws with the action too much, but I like the added confidence that they won't bite the line clean in two....unless of course it's a skip jack, bluefish, or mac...those guys seem to be able to bite through anything that isn't steel.

Comment

I use berkley solar collector in the 15# or 20#...I also use Stren Hi-test saltwater formula on my bigger reels but its getting hard to find
                          Tight Lines and Calm Seas and remember to enjoy life with friends

Comment

http://www.basspro.com/Saltwater-Fis...s-p.rating%7C1

Ande's is definitely up there as far as consumer ratings go at BassPro.

Comment

Can't go wrong with 12# Ande or Big Game. I use to use both before I went to braid.

Comment

Working...
                              X