Back Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Surgery

Had a "microdiscetomy" done Monday by Dr. Westmark to relieve herniated disk. It all happened pretty fast. The annoying back pain that I just dealt with over the last couple of years, turned into excrutiating pain overnight for no apparent reason, then 2 days later I had a numb and stiff leg. MRI showed 9mm protrustion pressing on nerves at L5-S1. When they got in there at surgery, they found almost 3x more herniation than the MRI revealed. It was pretty bad I guess.

3 days out from surgery, I'm hobbling around in a back brace wondering if my leg will ever be normal again. They tell me 2 weeks out we will know more, but some nerve damage may be permanent. Can't boat or fish for 8 weeks to avoid re-injury so I'm spending more time with the little kiddos blowing bubbles and watching swim lessons. Silver lining.

As everybody knows, you have to take care of your back. We just neglect it and mistreat it more than we should.

I don't recommmend reading too much about surgery on the internet. Other people's stories just make you worry more! I guess I could be on crutches or worse, so I'm feeling lucky in that regard.

Prayers for recovery would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Prayers sent.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Get well quick! Good thoughts your way!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Prayers sent. Hope you get well soon!

Comment

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Prayers
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Prayers and best wishes.

Comment

Watch for infection such as MRSA. Glad you came out well.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Had a Minor Hernated disc myself last year & luckily was able to get the spine back in line with therapy..
                The pain was horrible. Went to Spinal Rehabilitation Center in the Woodlands, great place.
                Hope your recovery goes well...

Comment

Hope all plays out well,Keep your game face on and youll overcome!Good Luck brotherman!
                  West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Hope it gets better soon amigo.
                    I had several herniated discs when I was your age and had a partial laminectomy and open decompression. About 12 years later, I had another open decompression. All my surgery was done by a neurosurgeon.

I waited over a year for getting the first surgery, so I had some permanent nerve damage. My left foot is kinda numb a lot of the time and my left leg is now smaller than the right.
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Scott get well!
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

prayers sent......hope you are quickly back in fine fettle.
                        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

If my luck was better I could donate you some fillets....However I've been short lately! Good luck, prayer sent.

Comment

praying for your healing. take it easy and let it heal right.

Comment

When I was 14 I had full paralysis of my left leg from the butt cheek down. Cracked vertebrae and full on herniation of L-4. Had a lamanectomy and fusion. I still have some residual nerve damage, but I was able to play football again. The surgery went fine, but the rehab was pretty rough. That was 24 years ago. I'm certain they are better at everything these days. I know it's easier said than done, but don't worry about the horror stories. Yours sounds less invasive than mine, and it sounds like it needs to be done, so go for it with gusto and do everything they tell you to. You will not like the physical therapy people at all for the first week or so, but it's tough love bro.
                              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                              X