X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take out the worms.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

I dig out the worms too. I know the're protein but so is hair. I eat speckled trout and flounder at least once a week. I'll even eat me some fresh sand trout the day I catch 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
        I take out the worms.
        Put them in the tequila!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I dig them out the best I can.

I can't knowingly feed those things to my family.
          Last edited by buoy37; June 18, 2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

worms sworms. The spagetti worm is not able to sustain itself in a human host. Certain Flukes can and you usually never see one unless you do a full dissection of the infected animal-I've seen flukes in Frogs lungs. Heck, walking in your yard barefooted exposes ya to more parasites from dog, cat and other aniimal feces than a spagetti worm. Quit wasting meat and leave them worms alone. I bet ya broke a few trying to get em out of the flesh/meat and likely released a million eggs all over your now "worm free" fillet. Think about the proglottid of a tape worm-one little section has MILLIONS of eggs.

Just cook it and you (and your family) won't even know or taste any difference.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

at academy almost every product from weights, lures and even reels state that they cause cancera
              "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                worms sworms. The spagetti worm is not able to sustain itself in a human host. Certain Flukes can and you usually never see one unless you do a full dissection of the infected animal-I've seen flukes in Frogs lungs. Heck, walking in your yard barefooted exposes ya to more parasites from dog, cat and other aniimal feces than a spagetti worm. Quit wasting meat and leave them worms alone. I bet ya broke a few trying to get em out of the flesh/meat and likely released a million eggs all over your now "worm free" fillet. Think about the proglottid of a tape worm-one little section has MILLIONS of eggs.

Just cook it and you (and your family) won't even know or taste any difference.

what robalo said

Comment

I ain't got chit to worry about!!!! Gotta catchem' first!!
                  Beandaddy

Comment

with buoy37 My kids probably would Never eat fish again if they saw the worms! LMAO

Comment

I would hate to die for no reason... lol
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                        what robalo said
                        x2 and mix with beer, that'll help with the digestion...
                        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                          im done for
                          My family & I eat it 2 to 3 times a week, been that way for 5+ years now and were all still healthy...

(actually those warnings are for upper trinity bay and ship channel into houston, they just cant have warning for that area since they all connect, but studies show trout only travel up to 5 miles from where they were born and between each bay the species has subtle changes making them unique to "that" bay they come from... having said all that... eat da fish!
                          Last edited by mikey01; June 19, 2012, 07:43 AM. Reason: spelling
                          Think like a fish no matter how weird it gets…

Comment

They have fiswh consumption warnings for ALL of Galveston Bay-not justb Trinity and HSC. Signs are at the ramp in Jamaica Beach and I believe Sea Isle. The TPWD website shows all also.
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                              They have fiswh consumption warnings for ALL of Galveston Bay-not justb Trinity and HSC. Signs are at the ramp in Jamaica Beach and I believe Sea Isle. The TPWD website shows all also.
                              thats what the sign says, your correct... but the truth to that is what im saying... biologist from U of H are the ones who put out the warnings(with TP&W) and keep up with the findings to date, right now the only fish showing diotoxins are from upper trinity and houston ship channel. I dont care either way anyway i know the trout i eat are perfectly safe...
                              Think like a fish no matter how weird it gets…

Comment

Thanks Mikey for the facts. Seemed like baloney when they say even specks at SLP are bad 4 U.

Comment

Working...
                                X