Hooray! School's out for the Summer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooray! School's out for the Summer!

I had another good year here in Angleton, so in some ways I'm sorry to see it end. I don't know if I'll be back in Angleton next year though. I just got my new assignment and it seems that very much against my wishes, they have "promoted" me to 8th grade next year. They did this without even asking me. I don't want that job at all. Apparently it doesn't matter to my principal that I think I'll be miserable teaching 8th graders. I'm darn good at what I do and I don't understand why people have to mess with success. I feel like I'm getting the shaft because I worked so hard. So I'm putting out feelers to see if I can find something the same or better. At this late date, it's going to be hard to find something that's not attached to coaching, and I don't want to coach again. The whole thing has me so upset I'm thinking about changing careers.

On the other hand I'll be having a lot of fun this Summer. From now until July 6th, I'll be workin' on Blockade Runners, hopefully strengthen it enough for the upcoming storm season, and also working to destroy and haul out the Ghost Camp on Churchill and Cold Pass. If any of y'all can give a hand sometime, I can go any day of the week now.

As for tomorrow, I'm going to sleep late, go to a crawfish boil, and then hit the camp. Sounds like a fitting way to start a vacation. - Sandy
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Sandy, this is for you.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Thanks Willie. Man I do miss the Muppet show Those old guys in the balcony were a hoot.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
      X